worst summer ever - charlie conway

y/n pov
I have been counting down the days and today is officially the day! Ever since I was 9 me and my family have been going to this lake house and I met a kid there named Charlie the only time we'd see each other is when my family went to the lake house in the summer because Charlie lives in Minnesota. Luckily me and Charlie exchanged numbers so we have been able to call each other and he has told me about this new school he had been given a scholarship to go there last year and this year he told me that he has a surprise person that he is gonna bring this year I think that he is gonna bring one of his friends so I am excited to meet them over the years I developed a crush on him but I'm too scared that he will reject me so I haven't told me but this year I think I will tell him.

Me and my family just arrived to the lake house so I quickly took my luggage up the stairs to my room and then I ran downstairs and ran to Charlie's lake house and when I got there I saw him getting out of the car and I ran to him and hugged him He looked at me and said And you are still short I rolled my eyes and asked him Where is the surprise person He replied and said They're inside of the lake house and also I told you I'd bring only one surprise person but I decided to bring two I said Okay and he took me inside of the lake house and he told me to wait on the couch and he will go get the surprise people a few minutes later he came back with two people a brown haired girl and a brown haired boy I said it's nice to meet your friends Charlie and the brown haired girl corrected me and said Girlfriend I said Oh Charlie has a girlfriend that is great but I really didn't think that it was great I wanted to go to my room and cry The brown haired girl said I'm Linda and the brown haired boy said I'm Fulton I said Oh it is great to meet you guys but Charlie I have to get back to my lake house for dinner maybe we can all go for a swim in the lake later and they all said that sounds great I said Okay well I'll see y'all later I left his lake house and ran to my lake house as soon as I got in the house I ran upstairs to my room and I slammed my door and jumped onto my bed and cried into my pillow I mumbled I've known him longer than Linda and this was the summer I was gonna ask him out but no and now this is the worst summer ever. But I still am gonna hang out with him just it's not gonna be like it was before he had a girlfriend I went to the bathroom and wiped my tears and washed my face and went downstairs for dinner and I saw Charlie Linda fulton and Mrs Casey and my mom said Y/n sweetie we are having the Conway's and their friends over for dinner I said Okay what are we having for dinner and she said pasta and salad and I said Okay I need to go change real quick I ran back upstairs and changed from my current outfit with was a big t-shirt and grey sweat shorts I changed into a blue tube top and light blue jean shorts and I took my hair out of my bun and since I took a shower this morning before we left our home to come here I put my hair in a bun and since my hair was wet when I took it out of the bun it was wavy so I put on a little bit of makeup which was highlighter mascara and lip gloss and then I ran downstairs and I sat in my seat there is 4 chairs on each side of the table Fulton was sitting at the end of the table and I sat in the middle of him and Charlie and Linda was sitting on the other side of Charlie after we finished dinner Charlie Fulton Linda and Mrs Casey left and I went upstairs to get ready to go swim in the lake.

I got ready for the lake I was wearing a blue swimsuit and I had a yellow t-shirt over my swimsuit I grabbed my flip flops and a towel and I went outside and saw Charlie Linda And Fulton all ready to go swim in the lake we walked to the dock and left our towels and stuff on the sand I took off my t-shirt and threw it on my towel and jumped off the dock into the lake and then Fulton said Aw man Charlie we forgot to get the cooler full of coca colas and so Fulton and Charlie went to go get the cooler so me and Linda just swam in the water and Linda said hey y/n how long have you known Charlie I replied Since I was 9 what about you and she replied back Since last year so since I was 14 I said okay and then Charlie and Fulton arrived with the cooler so we swam for little bit and then I checked the time on my watch and it was almost 11 pm so I told charlie Linda and Fulton Bye and went back to my lake house and changed into my pajamas and went to bed.