Part I

It was like any other monday, the sky was a deep blue and there were barely any clouds in the sky. It was your favorite type of weather, maybe that's why you liked spring so much. You continued on your walk back home, feeling the cool breeze kiss your skin was peaceful. Humming along to the song playing through the headphones, and staring at the tall buildings around you was nice, but also nostalgic. In many ways, Daegu reminds you of Seoul, the buildings, the people, and the weather. However, Daegu was nothing like Seoul. It didn't have your favorite coffee shop, your friends weren't here, and you missed the rain and how it had a certain smell only you could pick out. Sure you found a new coffee shop you frequented, but it wasn't the same, you found some really good friends here, but none were like the ones you had back in Seoul. As for the weather, you could spend an eternity trying to compare each and every cloud.

You had always imagined going back permanently, taking brief trips you took every once in a while wasn't always ideal but, as of right now, Seoul left a sour taste in your mouth. The last time you went, wasn't exactly the best trip of your life. Your boyfriend of three years had broken up with you, so Seoul was the last place you wanted to be, but somehow you still longed to be there, hoping you'd see him occupy the places you both once did, also looking for you. You doubted it, but under all the despair you felt without him, hope helped you get through the bad days. Today, you would consider it a good day. Your closest friend here was coming over to spend the afternoon with you and get homework done, and then go see a movie he had been talking about for a week straight.

You finally got to your apartment building and started making your way upstairs, the elevator had been broken for months and no one had been around to fix it, despite the landlord constantly saying he would get it fixed. With a huff you ascended up the steps, while you hated walking so much, it did give a good view of the city. After what felt like hours you finally made it in front of your door, it was cream white with huge numbers smacked in the middle, you looked down at the doormat your parents had bought to make it more "homey". It was brown with two frogs on it, naturally sitting on lily pads with big black letters reading "WELCOME TO OUR PAD". You couldn't stop laughing when they brought it home, and it's been in use ever since. Getting out the keys to the apartment, you unlocked the door and went inside heading straight for your room. Your parents weren't home anyway, so you had no reason to stop and talk to anyone. After getting changed, you got out all of your homework and waited for your friend to show up, he had called saying he was running a little late. Ending the call with a sigh, you went over to your couch and sat down, turning on the tv you started watching whatever channel it was on the news.

After minutes of zoning out, there was a knock at the front door, now coming to, you got up and walked to the door. Opening it you smiled at your friend and let him inside, "Took you long enough!" you called out as he brought his backpack to the table, he laughed.

"Sorry, I had to go shopping for my mom after school, she forgot some things for dinner," He explained.

"I thought you were staying for dinner?" Maybe you were thinking about a different day.

"I am, but I didn't really have a choice, but at least I'm here now." He smiled, you walked over to him and sat with him at the table, the tv still playing faintly in the background.

You both started working on homework, talking a bit here and there, and then going back to silence. You looked up at him, eyebrows furrowed, he was deep in thought, math wasn't always his favorite subject. He had just recently dyed his hair blonde, the first time you saw it reminded you of when your ex had done it, but it worked for him. "Sunghoon," you said out of nowhere.

He looked up, "yes?"

"Are you thirsty? Want any water?" You were bored and trying to stall, chemistry wasn't exactly the most exciting subject for you.