Chapter 3: Cedric Diggory

Your POV

"Girls," Someone said softly. I opened my eyes to see Mrs Weasley standing in the doorframe in her dressing gown. "Time to get up."

Bagel buried her head in my neck.

"Too early," She whispered. I couldn't help but agree.

I rolled out of bed, Ginny and Hermione following suit, and began to get dressed. As usual, all promises of a warm English summer were lies, so I pulled on the scarlet jumper Mrs Weasley knitted me last Christmas, a pair of jeans, and my favourite boots. Waking downstairs, I was welcomed by the boys, all in a groggy, slumped huddle around the kitchen.

"Delphi dear," Mrs Weasley smiled, spotting me as she dished out breakfast. "Sandwich? Toast?"
"Morning," Ron mumbled as I sat down, rubbing his eyes. Apparently, not even the Quidditch World Cup could turn him into a morning person. I grabbed a bacon sandwich, resting my head on Fred's shoulder as I ate.
"Only because I'm tired," He grumbled.
"Your sacrifice is greatly appreciated," I murmured.

"Well then!" Someone announced. I looked up to see Mr Weasley standing in the kitchen doorway, wearing what I could only describe as a laughable attempt at Muggle fashion. I cast Harry a stifled smile.

"Harry," Mr Weasley grinned, with more cheer than anyone else in the room. "How do I look?"
"F-fabulous. Very muggle-esque," He replied. 'Liar,' I mouthed at him. Mr Weasley took a glance at his watch before clapping his hands together.
"I'm afraid it'll have to be breakfast to go, gang. The Quidditch World Cup awaits!"

All of our rucksacks were lined up by the front door. I pulled my bag out of the lineup and took out my wand.

"Pluma-lucis," I commanded. There was no way I was carrying it without a charm or two to help.
"Oh, Del," Ron said, looking at me longingly. I slung my bag over my shoulder, putting my hand on my hip.
"And what's in it for me?"
"My dessert at Hogwarts, for a week."
"Two."
"Deal," Ron grinned, and held out his bag for the spell.

***

We'd been walking through fields for what felt like hours, when someone shouted,

"Fancy seeing you here!"

I turned to see the over-enthusiastic grin of Amos, and the familiar, coy smile of none other than Cedric Diggory. He grinned at me and I rolled my eyes, a smile tugging at my lips.

"Amos," Mr Weasley grinned, shaking his hand. "So good to see you."
"And the same goes for you," Cedric's father smiled ardently. "These all yours?" He asked, surveying our group.
"All except for Harry, Delphi and Hermione over there."

Amos' eyes widened.

"By the saints, Harry Potter!" Amos exclaimed, shaking Harry's hand with fervour. "It's such an honour to meet you."
"I-it's good to meet you too," Harry replied, flustered by his fame as usual. Cedric gave me an embarrassed look.
"I mean, when Cedric told me he was going to school with the Boy Who Lived, you couldn't imagine how proud I was. But then for him to beat you in a Quidditch match?" I felt the twins tense beside me. "Now that's a story to tell the Grandkids, ey?" Amos grinned, nudging Arthur with his elbow.
"We only won because Harry fell off his broom," Cedric muttered, his eyes trained on his feet.
"Yes, but you didn't fall off your broom, did you? It's not hard to see who the better Seeker is."
"Meh, Cedric's not all that," George said, his voice dripping in indignation. "Still can't beat Delphi in a duel."

Amos' eyes landed on me and I cringed; it wasn't hard to guess what he thought of me.

"Yes, well-"
"How about we get to finding this Portkey?" Arthur cut in, his hand on my shoulder.
"Yes," Amos said, reframing his smile. "Onward and upward kids!"