2.18

Emperor Sigmund looked at his side and saw the inquiring look on the youth's face. He really doesn't understand himself at the moment.

Earlier when he was talking to the Eastern Emperor, he brought up the possible marriage between his Crown Princess and the Central City of Spring's Crown Prince. He also got information on where this conversation was going on before these two parties' birth.

Inside his heart, Emperor Sigmund feels unwilling. How would this alliance be good between the Central and Eastern Spring Kingdoms? Emperor Sigmund knows that there will be a big announcement concerning the next to the throne, however, aside from that issue, This young crown prince who will soon be tied to marriage... just thinking about it makes his chest feel stuffy.

"Emperor Sigmund, are you feeling unwell? How come your expressions are dark and solemn?" Crown Prince Rainne asked again, frowning as the Emperor had not yet answered him. Emperor Sigmund looked back at the young prince and looked directly into his eyes. 

His emotion was clear as day for him to see, however, there was something weird that he cannot point out when looking at the young prince next to him. What could be the possibility for him to feel the urge to protect the young prince with no connections?

"San Xiao, come here and get a maid to come and help the Emperor to a room to rest first." Emperor Sigmund snapped out of his thoughts and heard the crown prince order his servant.  Emperor Sigmund told him not to bother and stopped his servant. 

"Are you sure? I could ask them to bring medicine if you don't feel good?" Crown Prince Rainne paused and looked down to his lap, playing with the sleeves of his robe, as his voice lowered that earlier. 

"I'm sorry for being nosy, I-I just don't want to see you feel uncomfortable," He said and went back to his original position, putting his attention to the maids that were delivering some delicacies and refreshments to each table. 

Emperor Sigmund frowned and turned his head to the other side, glaring at the ground for being affected by the shallow and insignificant words from the young crown prince. Why? Just what is happening inside him that makes him feel so affected by this person?

After half an hour, the servants announced the arrival of the Eastern City's Royalties: The Emperor, the Empress, and the Crown Princess. Everyone stood up and paid their respects to the royalties except the foreign crowns. 

The party started and numerous nobles presented their gifts and well wishes to the Crown Princess. Crown Prince Rainne watched the crown princess throughout the ceremony. He was sure that this will be the villainess, but the conclusion of his own investigations lead him to her. 

Crown Prince Rainne stood up and with San Xiao beside him, he went to the center of the Ceremony room to offer his gift to the princess.

"The Crown Prince of the Central City of Spring pays respects to Royalties of the East." Crown Prince Rainne bowed before he ordered San Xiao to give the gift to the eunuch next to the platform.

"I wish the Crown Princess a long and eventful life," The Crown Prince said as they both met each other's gaze. Crown Prince Rainne took a careful look at the princess. Why does she look familiar?

"Many thanks to the Crown prince," Crown Princess said, avoiding his gaze before she took the box that the eunuch handed to her. She opened the box and found a jade pendant with his last name engraved on it. The Crown Princess looked up in surprise and met Crown Prince Rainne's eyes. 

She looked to the side and found her Empress Mother's knowing look in her eyes. She felt a dread creeping inside of her before her Emperor Father announced something while the Crown Prince stood at the foot of the platform where they sat. 

"To our dear guests that attended this special occasion, We are happy to announce the engagement between The Central Spring's Crown Prince and the Crown Princess!" The Emperor announced this and the crowd cheered and congratulate the two royals for tying the knot in the future. 

Rainne looked in the direction of the crown princess as she stood up from her seat and was escorted to stand by him. He saw the look of devastation on her face. Obviously, he knows that it was out of her will to agree to this arranged marriage, however, when did they, the children of the crown have any say in who they wanted to be with or who they wanted to fall in love with? It's simply impossible in this era. 

Amidst the crowd's cheer, another person came into the hall and everyone paid respects to him, the crown prince of the kingdom. But he came inside with a frown and confusion on his face as if something was weighing in his mind that he cannot decipher at all. 

"Father emperor, are you really going to let the crown princess- my sister, rule this kingdom and not me?! WHY?!" He shouted in a loud voice, pointing his finger at the person standing next to Rainne. 

"W-What? What are you saying, brother? I would not inherit the throne! Look! Our parents just arranged a marriage for me to wed! What are you saying?" The crown princess shouted in surprise, looking in the direction of her brother. 

the crown prince looked at their way with indignation in his eyes, Rainne could clearly see that the crown prince was not open to any reasoning. The emperor and the crown prince started to bicker, disregarding the other people in the hall. Rainne covered the Crown Princess' face with his sleeves, watching as she looked up to look at his face in confusion. 

"Don't look further, we should exit this hall," He said and looked for his servants, but the crown princess stood still in her place, not wanting to flee from the brewing storm inside the hall. 

"Crown Prince, have some decency, and don't ruin the celebration tonight!" The Emperor frowned while looking down on his son, but the prince, thinking that if he postpone this kind of confrontation, he will never get the chance to get the answer that he was looking for, so he pushed forward and said, 

"No, Father Emperor, This is a very important thing! Our Kingdom is at stake!" The crown prince said and walked towards the center of the hall. Everyone started to murmur, some guests frowned and looked at the display that the royals were making, while the others only watched with judging eyes. 

They were losing face fast and the Emperor was well aware of this, he doesn't want to be a laughingstock in front of the people of other kingdoms. The Emperor has made his decision. 

"Take the crown prince back to his chambers, don't let him outside until the next three days," He said and watched how his son's eyes widened and watched how the guards started to move toward the Crown Prince. The crown princess walked towards her brother's way in worry.

While the crowd murmured and eyes, watched the spectacle there was an alarm sound that rang inside Rainne's mind, indicating a danger approaching. He looked around fast and saw a servant behind the Crown Princess with a dagger slipping through her sleeve. 

In an instant, he took the crown princess to his arms and stepped back from the blade that was swung by the maidservant. Gasps were heard before he saw San Xiao tried to subdue the maidservant, but he was not successful when the maid throw a smoke bomb and he fall two steps back to avoid the radius of the smoke bomb. 

"San Xiao fall back and come here," Crown Prince Rainne ordered and watched how a line of soldiers came inside the hall to look for the traitor. 

___________________________________________

Author's Note:

TTuTT Souls!!! I miss you all!!!! I'm so sorry for being away for so long!!!!

Please understand, I've been underperforming in my new work for 4 months and cannot adjust fast enough at work but I made progress! I can handle most of my work, It's like 1/2 of the work that I can handle now! I'm doing a good job yeah? 

I hope you stick around and be here to support me! See you all soon!!!