1.17

"Master! Master! Quickly go! Those people want to arrest you!"- Po hurried climbed to the second floor and hastily opened Mandao's office to tell him the news. Mandao's face was black, so they rather bite the hands that feed them than go back huh! Such shameless slaves! 

"Wait a minute... Did you just say the word Arrest?! What did I do wrong?!"Mandao jumped to his feet and rebuked Po's words.

"No time! Those slaves told what you were doing with the food and the higher nobles were instructing Magistrate Yun to arrest you! Quickly! Go and hide far away!"- Po urges him again to hurry. Mandao knew that Magistrate won't be able to help him then and packed all his stored banknotes to his clothe bag and run to the back of the restaurant. Po was efficient and already grabbed a carriage for both of them to escape.

"HURRY! TO THE PORT!"- Mandao's shout could be heard faintly as the coachman started to run the carriage. The magistrate came to the restaurant with the city guards and found the  restaurant was left behind, the waiters and cook were all brought in front of the restaurant. They were all bewildered and confused why there's a crowd in front of their restaurant but nobody was going inside to eat.

"Speak! Where is the owner of the restaurant?"- Magistrate Yun asked them and one chef told the truth.

"We saw Sir Mandao and Sir Po going away with a carriage towards the port, Is there something wrong?"- He asked curious, The elder that was hired by Bai Zhishi came with him and with his two trusted aide towards the kneeling on the ground.

"So, Elder Lin, are these people also involved in adulterating the food inside the restaurant?" Bai Zhishi asked the elder as he scanned their faces. They all visibly gulped and look away, obviously they are all guilty.

"Yes Master Bai, they know that their using adulterated spices and still lets the mass to eat their food!"- Everyone in the crowd gasped and look at them in scorn.

"Magistrate Yun, You should go in haste and find Mandao and Po, if you let them escape, who knows whose head will roll on the court tomorrow?"- Bai Zhishi asked carelessly as he turn and left the scene. The mass were all urging him to find Mandao and Po let them pay for their crimes.

Magistrate Yun was obviously pressured and still value's his life. He immediately summoned his special guards and told them to stop and bring Mandao and Po back to his office. He also urged the guards with him to arrest and imprison the others. He closed the restaurant and finally everything went back to being calm. 

"Master, did you really send a message to the Crown Prince about Mandao's schemes?"- Taoqi asked Bai Zhishi as they climb to the third floor. 

"Silly boy, does your Master have that kind of power to reach the Royalties of this foreign land? You're dreaming,"- Bai Zhishi chuckled as he sauntered his way towards his chair and tapped his long fingers against the table. 

"Master doesn't have that kind of power, however, the news already spread across the capital and of course the Royal Family will learn of this sooner or later. So Taoqi, Master IS NOT. involved in this matter."- Ke Xin said as he pour a cup of tea for Bai Zhishi.

"Ke Xin is always so mindful, Thank you."- Bai Zhishi smiled and leisurely drink his tea.

"Master, it's almost time too close the store, we will deal with it downstairs so please seat back and  we will close the store."- Ke Xin said and dragged Taoqi downstairs.

Bai Zhishi continued formulating his new products while he waits for the two to go upstairs. 

Wen the two came back, they brought a visitor. Bai Zhishi blinked before smiling towards him.