𝟎𝟎𝟖.

8/30

i just realized the last two chapters are choppy and don't flow well. Like Kate is just pulled in many directions and it doesn't flow so I might go back and fix it. 

╔═.♥.══════╗
SEASON 3 | EPISODE 19
╚══════.♥.═╝

"Heart of Darkness"

|| CAROLINE IS THRILLED WHEN TYLER RETURNS TO TOWN, BUT TYLER SOON SUSPECTS THAT SOMETHING HAS BEEN GOING ON BETWEEN CAROLINE AND KLAUS. ||

     "I'M AN EVEN BIGGER ABOMINATION THAN WE THOUGHT." Kate Salvatore stood before her brothers, her heart going a million miles a minute for she had just throw Damon into a wall with a spell. Both her brothers stared at her in horror. Kate had no idea how they'd react. Would they hate her? Would they reject her? She was a literal freak of nature. Syphons were hated as witches, but being a heretic was even worse. 

     Kate's sweaty hand gripped her grimoire tighter as she lowered her extended hand back to her side, eyes flicking from Damon to Stefan and back again. Her heart went a million miles and hour, her knees were weak with fear and her gut was knotted up. 

     "Wha- how did you-...???" Damon gasped as he got to his feet, staring at his baby sister in shock and Stefan wore a face of confusion. 

     "I'm a uh- I'm what's called a heretic." Kate stuttered out. "When I was human I was a syphon witch but I just didn't know and now that I'm a vampire I have a 'unlimited' source of power to draw from so basically I'm a witch-pire. A vampire who can do magic." Kate rambled out, she spoke fast and nervously. 

     "But Mom and Dad weren't witches." Stefan replied, narrowing his eyes at his baby sister. 

     "Nik thinks my real dad was a witch from the gemini coven." Kate responded, her gaze set on the floor. "It's not that hard to believe that she would have an affair and father not know." Kate told them, fiddling with her hands. 

     "Wait- wait- let me get this straight. You can do magic? Like a witch?" Damon asked, back tracking. 

     "Yes." Kate nodded, slowly looking up at her brother. "It explains a lot, don't you think?" Kate chuckled nervously. 

     The rest of the night was spent in the parlor, the siblings sat on the couch while Kate explained her condition, what was really going on with her the last few weeks. Stefan seemed unphased, then again, he was mostly emotionless unless they were talking about Elena so Kate had expected that, but it still hurt. Damon was confused by the situation but it's not like he kicked her out of the house so that was a win. 

     Eventually Kate snuck off to bed, Stefan went to do whatever it was that ripper Stefan did and Damon left to get Alaric white oak stake. 

     Kate walked into her room, setting her grimoire on her bed as she walked over to her closet and changed into her PJ's, a pastel purple long sleeved cropped silk shirt and black shorts that had ruffles at the bottom. The girl let her hair out of her high pony and put it in a loose low bun with a red scrunchie. She sighed a tired sigh as she walked over to her bed and flipped open her grimoire, she read a few pages of the delicate paper before her phone dinged from her nightstand. 

     Kate narrowed her eyes. If someone was texting her, it had to be Klaus or Rebekah. Damon would've called her and Stefan might no even have her number. Kate also didn't like modern technology all that much and she only learned how to use it for Rebekah's sake.