𝟎𝟎𝟐.

2/30

╔═.♥.══════╗
SEASON 3 | EPISODE 13
╚══════.♥.═╝

"Bringing Out the Dead" 

|| SHERIFF FORBES DELIVERS DISTURBING NEWS TO ALARIC AND ELENA ABOUT A RECENT MURDER WEAPON. CAROLINE IS HEART BROKEN WHEN SHE IS UNABLE TO STOP A TRAGEDY ||

     KATE SALVATORE DID NOT HAVE ANY FRIENDS. If you don't count her brothers, Kate had no one. She didn't like man of the Mystic Falls group. Matt was too human, Elena too selfish, Bonnie was much to righteous and Jeremy was down right too young. She liked Alaric, Damon's friend and she could sometimes muster the will to hang out with judgy little Caroline but out of everyone in Mystic Falls, Kate much preferred the company of Originals. 

     Maybe it was because they didn't judge her like the humans did, or didn't restrain her like her brothers. Maybe it was because they were unkillable and if they liked her enough, would be willing to protect her. Her own unkillable family of bodyguards. She much fancied the idea. She liked Rebekah, for what it was worth. Elijah too, hell, even Klaus was likeable once he stopped being the enemy. 

    Early the next morning, Damon went out to meet Elijah while Kate slept in, ignoring the cruel, cold, cold world around her as she napped. She slept through the morning but was abruptly awakened by Damon throwing her bedroom door open and jumping on top of her, laying flat on his back as he crushed his little sister. 

     "Daaaaammon!" Kate groaned as her brother squished her into the mattress. "This is cruelllllll!" She mockingly moaned as she tried to push him off her but failed. 

     "I brought you breakfast." Damon said, setting a blood bag on her nightstands. "It's time to get up, I want you in your nicest dress." 

     "I'm not wearing a dress." Kate scoffed. "I finally got the option to wear pants and suits, I'm gonna wear pants and suits. Fuck you." Kate grumbled as she pushed her brother off the side of her bed. Damon flopped to his butt on the floor before he turned to look back at her. 

     "Fine, just look nice." 

     "Where are we going?" Kate asked as she sat up and snatched the blood bag off her nightstand and opened it before she began slurping on blood. 

     "Elijah and I have scheduled a sit down and since the Mikaelsons adore you... for some reason..." Damon offered her a hand and Kate accepted it, allowing Damon to pulled her out of bed and to her feet. "I need you, to be my trading card." 

     "You want a trophy to wave around?" Kate asked as she walked over to her wardrobe and opened it, pushing clothes around in search of something decent. 

     "Not a trophy-" 

     "Damon, I grew up in the 1800's. If I'm just supposed to stand there and look pretty, tell me." Kate snapped. "It's not like I didn't do that for 15 years of my life before I was made a vampire." 

     "Well, I don't want to hurt your ego." Damon countered as he walked up behind her. 

     "My ego? Really?" Kate retorted as she dug through her closet. "Leave me be, I have decisions to make." Kate said curtly as she tossed him the empty blood bag. Damon caught it, huffed and then left Kate's victorian styled room.