A POWERLESS FATHER

Amaya gently parting from Bhavya asked " So, what now? "

Suddenly before Bhavya could answer anything there was a thundering knock on the door
" THUD! THUD! THUD!  Amaya? "

" It's Reyaansh " Amaya cried silently

Bhavya caressed her cheek gently with the back of his hand and said
" Amaya I'll have to go. "

Amaya looked at him sadly and disappointed about to say something but bhavya interrupted and said
" Here take this it'll answer all your questions "

Bhavya pecked Amaya one last time before running to the balcony and climbing down with precision with the help of the roof tiles and the third dimension engraved designs on the walls.

Amaya just gazed at the envelope.

And quickly opened the door.

She annoyingly asked reyaansh

" What's your problem? "

" Except you nothing, but the fact is your fiancé has arrived and i have been sent to fetch you"

" What fiancé and whose fiancé? How am I supposed to marry a man whose an absolute stranger to me ? Like I don't even know his name"

" Amaya even I don't agree with this arrangement but I can't really do anything. "

Reyaansh whispered " Not right now atleast. "

Amaya nodded gently and held Reyaansh's hand. " Let's go then "

Amaya walked down the staircase with Reyaansh's hand in hers.

Today really reminded her of the day about 12 years back when she was leaving for Switzerland. Reyaansh held her hand just like today and she didn't wanna go. She just wanted to hide behind reyaansh.

She walked down the staircase into the lounge with Reyaansh still by her side.

There sat a women of perhaps 50.she looked old school, strict and stern. And by her dressing it could easily be said that she was a person who was the traditional epitome of a indian nobel woman.

Beside her at a considerable distance sat someone she never expected to she here Parthasarthi.

She missed a step when she realised her soon to be fiance is none other then parthasarthi.

She descended down the stairs and finally saw the third unknown face in the room a old man who considerably resembled parthasarthi. She estimated the man to be of perhaps 60 .

As she walked near the couch she was instructed by her mother to sit on the chair right beside parthasarthi.

Parthasarthi kept looking at Amaya with his gaze fixed at her exposed waist.

She met her eyes with his when she sat down.

Betrayal was evident in her gaze . She considered parthasarthi a good friend but despite knowing the fact how dearly she loved Bhavya he came with this proposal.

Amaya looked at Erisha who with the movement of her eyes instructed her to touch the feet of parthasarthi's parents.

She bent down to touch his mother's feet. Her saree's pallu slipped a little and by the look of it felt like parthasarthi's eyes would come out the way he was gazing at Amaya's clevage.

His list filled eyes disgusted Amaya.

But ignoring him he went to touch his father's feet. After which she came back and sat at her place.

Parthasarthi's mother was closely inspecting Amaya with her eyes narrowed.

She suddenly commented " Well the girl is alright. But your majesty the queen I hope after living so far from hope she hasn't become a rebel. Cause I getting a certain vibe from her look and expression that she's not the best in following commands and rules like a good virtuous woman. "

Amaya clenched her fist in anger looking  sharply at the old woman like a lioness that could attack her any moment.

Erisha sighed " Don't worry lady mishra. We have raised our daughter to be a obedient wife to her husband and inlaws.

Amara himself wasn't believing what his wife is saying. They weren't this desparate to get their daughter married off that they had to even agree to someone calling their daughtr virtue less and moral less. He very well erisha was incredibly stubborn but this was unacceptable.

He whispered to her " What the hell are you saying? "

" Your majesty whatever I am doing is for Amaya's good after the newspaper got published we should be grateful a family of our same status and caste is willing to marry her. We don't want her character to be questioned or any mark on our family name right? "

Amara sighed no one would win with erisha.

He sadly looked over to his daughter. The daughter he brought up with so much love and pride.
He always taught her to listen to her heart but now because of the shackles of his name and lineage he was powerless.