Chapter Two

Cassie's P.O.V.

I had the worst dream last night. It had something to do with running away from Jacob and actually getting away, and then meeting my mate. That was one hell of a dream. I looked down at the blankets that encased me. They weren't the usual white I woke up too. This bed is larger than my bed. Did I sleep in Jacob's room last night? Did he punish me? I don't see any bruises or feel any pain so he couldn't have punished me. Jacob's room doesn't even have a black comforter or black curtains. Where the hell am I? I removed myself from the bed quickly. When I was standing I realized I wasn't wearing my clothes. I dressed in some guy's t-shirt. The shirt stopped just above my thighs. Whoever's shirt this was, smelled heavenly. It smelled of forests and mint. That's a really weird combination now that I think about it. Refocusing myself, I began to search for my clothes. I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my right side. I lifted the shirt slowly to find a bandage covering a wound. Where the hell did this come from? I didn't feel this a minute ago. Calm down Cassandra. Breathe. I took a deep breath and headed for the stairs. I had no idea where the stairs were, this house was fucking huge. Jacob's house most definitely wasn't this big. Speaking of Jacob, he's going to be so pissed when I get home. Wait a second, why am I going back to him? I stopped in my tracks to think about this. If I go back to Jacob, I'd be unhappy,  and I'd be the luna of a pack who has no respect for me. But if I don't go back, where would I go? Would I ever see my family again? Would I become rouge? Would I be able to survive all by myself? I'm only nineteen years old. Am I capable of living on my own?

"Thinking about something?" A husky voice from behind me called. I was pulled out of my thoughts so abruptly, I couldn't help the little squeal that escaped my lips. I turned to face a tall, dark haired, blue eyed man. He was absolutely gorgeous.

"I-I- I was just leaving." I stuttered. Damn it Cassie, way to look like a fool. I mentally face palmed myself.

"No you weren't. If you were actually going to leave, you wouldn't have stopped in the middle of the hallway to think about something, and you certainly wouldn't have gone out into the forest without any pants or shoes." He replied.

"Who the hell are you to tell me I wasn't leaving? What if I didn't want to put on shoes or pants? What if I was thinking about if I should leave through the door or window?" I questioned. He had no idea on what my plans were so how dare he say I wasn't leaving.

"Alright, so if you were leaving, you wouldn't gotten far because one, you're wounded, and two, I wouldn't let you." He said crossing his arms over his chest.

"Excuse me? I', going to walk out of here, without being stopped and if you try to stop me, I'll just beat your ass." I threatened. I haven't known him very long but I've come to the conclusion that he's an ass. A tall, sexy, arrogant ass.

"I want to see you try." He said arrogantly. I rolled my eyes and began walking down the stairs.

"Nice ass by the way!" He called from up the stairs. I flipped him off, even though he probably didn't see it. I was at the door, when all of a sudden I was pinned against the wall with my hands above my head.

"What the hell?" I screamed.

"You thought I'd really let you leave that easily?" He chuckled. This was not a laughing matter. His touch sent electricity through bones. I know he felt it too, because of the way his grip on my wrists loosened up. I let out a shaky breath. Our close proximity wasn't helping either.    

"Let me go." I protested. I squirmed as much as I could but it didn't help.

"I can't do that doll face."