Chapter 1: My Mother's Death

Today marks three years since my mother died. She used to do this writing thing so I've decided to follow after her on that. My mother was killed by her ex-boyfriend. Her ex-boyfriend is Daniel Walters. When they were dating, he abused her; physically and mentally. It was a toxic relationship.
He crashed her wedding and she put him in jail. He broke out and kidnapped my mother's step mom. Her name is Jack. Jacqueline Gibbs. My mother started investigating this case and then found a lead. It was Bronson Cave, one of the places that Daniel would go while they were "dating".
When she arrived, he ended up shooting my mother. The team shot back and she was run to the hospital along with Jack. Jack was tortured and raped but other than that, she was fine. My mother, on the other hand, was not. She went into surgery and the doctors did what they could but she flatlined and they couldn't save her.
It was hard to get through but I was lucky to have Christopher by my side. But my father went through so much. We moved in with him to be there for him. When we were around, he was fine, he even said so. One night, I was sleeping in the guest room when I heard sobs from the room next to us.
I got up and walked to the master bedroom and I lingered at the door a moment when I heard a voice. "I should've never let you leave. I knew this was gonna happen. I had the Gibbs-gut feeling. I'm sorry, babe. I'm such a bad husband," it had been my dad.
He blamed himself for my mother's death. I walked into his room that night and he tried to hide his tears. "Dad, it's not your fault. You could've never known. It's Daniel Walter's fault,"
"I promise, I'll find him and I'll get justice for mom," Daniel, to this day, is still gone. I'd been working on this case for three years and nothing. But I will not let my mother's death be in vain.