sixteen

mid-morning update for everyone. i'm sorry, my life started to do a completely 180 and decided to drag me down with it. this was surely a way to end 2022😀

this is the final update of this year. i just wanted to take a moment and thank each of you for your kind words, love, and support. writing these stories and hearing how much you all enjoy them has given me a fuel in my life that i desperately needed. i'm honored for you to read my stories and provide me such emotional fulfillment in the process. thank you all. happy new year! 🤘

not proofread because it's me✨

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: swearing, fighting, jealousy, NSFW suggestions
word count: 3476

Rossi: "If you hurt me, I wouldn't cry. I would hurt you back." Holly Black.

Two Weeks Later:

Emily quickly parked her car before stepping out into the cold night. She quickly made her way over towards the familiar restaurant. She had thought about what she would say for the last few days. She wasn't called away to a case, or had something happen to her that would explain the absence. Emily just wanted to give Clara and herself time.

However, Emily couldn't help but have a slight hatred in her heart because of that mystery blonde woman. Emily didn't stick around to see her and Clara walk to the restaurant. Instead, she made her way back to the stand, grabbed her things, and left.

Now, Emily was ready to talk about what happened. Or she at least gaslit herself into believing she was ready.

The raven-haired woman entered the restaurant that was about to close in five minutes. The shop was empty as Emily made her way to the counter. Monica walked out with her coat and bag in her hands.

"Emily, w--wh--what are you doing here?" Monica asked and furrowed her eyebrows. Emily was taken back at the question.

"I wanted to see Clara? I've finally worked up the courage to talk to her," Emily said and sighed heavily. Just then, a familiar laugh broke out in the kitchen. She also heard a laugh that she didn't recognize. Monica smiled tightly at Emily.

"She's in a meeting," Monica said and quickly put on her coat. She wasn't about to be locked in a restaurant with two fuming gay women with access to knives.

"A meeting?" Emily said and squinted her eyes at the young woman. Monica stammered as she shrugged her shoulders. She just sighed and walked around Emily.

"Can I give you a word of advice?" Monica said and turned back to look at Emily. The raven-haired woman's ears perked up at this question. She nodded her head as she looked over at Monica. "Validate her feelings. I don't know what happened between the two of you. All I know is that Clara was devastated. Maybe she has a right to be, so just let her feel that."

Monica didn't say another word as she walked out of the restaurant. Emily sighed softly before walking into the kitchen. Clara sat there with the mystery blonde woman having coffee and some sort of dessert. Both of their eyes locked onto the raven-haired woman who walked in.

"Emily," Clara said and tilted her head to the side. "What are you doing here?"

Emily slipped off her bag and coat before placing them at the usual spot. "I came here to talk but I see that I wasn't faster than your company to get to you."

"Right. Emily, this is my good friend Steph. Steph, this Emily," Clara said and kept her eyes down, not meeting either woman's gaze. The blonde woman smiled warmly and waved at Emily.