━━━━━𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙤 𝙙𝙚𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙡

"YOU SURE THEY WAS IN HERE?"

"Yes sir, I'm sure, I remember her ID vividly." the store worker explained, beginning to scribble down the information behind a receipt.

This woman was a 3rd grade level book, she was so readable.

Her hands were shaky, consequentially messing up her handwriting, she let nervousness highlight every part of her demeanor.

"Her name was Bonnie Smith but there was this boy who addressed her as Y/N when she was at the counter."

"And the person she was with? Describe him." the man replied, getting a cigarette and attempting to flick on his lighter.

The flame was unresponsive only sparking for a second just to disappear again. "Hey get me another one of these." he turned to address the two other men behind him.

The woman gulped as she watched one of them throw a half-eaten candy bar on the floor making sure to squash the chocolaty nougat under his heel.

"We're on it boss." he replied going on a voyage to ransack much more than a lighter with his partner.

She chewed the flesh of her cheek until the taste of blood coated her tongue, her heart was beating in a fast tempo of uncertainty, and nervousness but blissful greed.

The store was empty, the cameras were offline, and a red fluorescent "closed" sign was placed outside its glass windows full of posters and flyers.

It was 10:16.

And this young woman found her luck 1 hour and 44 minutes before New Years.

"I-I don't remember much..."

The man's gaze shot at her making her stomach drop, twist, and roll like a rollercoaster.

"But he was ginger, around like 5'10, he had one eye, a backpack—."

"Oh that's Denji alright," he interrupted, chuckling to himself.

"We found him!" he shouted, notifying the other two just as they tossed him his lighter.

The man snatched the receipt off the counter looking at the location. "She lives by that lake." he told them, lighting up his cigarette, his cheeks sinking in when he took a puff.

"Thank you for being an easy help." he grinned at the woman, blowing out smoke in the air causing her to stifle a cough as the smell of tobacco clogged her lungs. He got a thin wad of money tugging on the girl's chest before he put it inside her shirt.

"Aren't ya going to take the money?" he asked, she scrunched her face in disbelief and discomfort.

She laughed nervously. "I'm happy that I could help."

"Let's go." he snapped his fingers signaling for his goons to come to follow him.

Taking the money out of her bra, she shuffled through it only to see it was only five ¥1000 notes and not the ¥25,000 he promised.