𝟬𝟬𝟰, 𝘀 𝘂 𝗺 𝗺 𝗲 𝗿 𝗻 𝗶 𝗴 𝗵 𝘁

‘SUMMER NIGHT’(season 1, episode 2)

‘SUMMER NIGHT’
(season 1, episode 2)

🐚

          𝓣hat morning Laurel informed the Fisher and Conklin kids that Susannah was planning to paint a portrait for all four of them.

   So, after Conrad got home from surfing, he tried to go into his room unnoticed, avoiding giving his mother the opportunity to paint him first just because he was the only one at home, the rest of them being at the club. Belly at that deb ball thing and Jeremiah and Steven at work. But she noticed him, and she insisted and insisted until he finally gave in, and he accepted.

    He thought he would regret it bitterly afterwards if he disappointed his mother.

   They went to the pontoon near their house and Conrad took his role as a model seriously, standing still and quiet. It was not at all difficult for him to be quiet because since childhood, Conrad was the kind who spoke in just a few words. He was not used to communicating, especially during that time.

   But Susannah was not at all pleased.

   Her son was going to go to college in the fall, and he hadn't given her a chance to be by his side for a long time. To listen to him and maybe to give him some sort of advice.

   "So... How's Eden?" She softly asked the first thing that came to her mind, while continuing to paint.

   She was not blind. She saw the way his son was acting around Eden and she loved to see him this way. Happy. Carefree.

   She hoped that at some point his love would be mutual because if anyone deserved her son, that was Eden. She was sure of that.

   "Mom," he said, trying to avoid her gaze so as not to see her omniscient reaction. "Can we not do this?" But seeing it, he starts stammering, "Like, no. Uh- uh-" He took a deep breath and continued, still stammering sometimes. "You asked me to come sit for this portrait and- and I'm here, and I'm sitting and I'm- I'm more than happy to be here, but can we not make this, like a bonding experience," the words came out of his mouth too quickly and then he paused and added, "Please?"