Back Home

After I told my mom about my day, I asked her how her's was. "Where do I start?" She said sarcastically, rolling her eyes. "So, on my way to the office, I drove through a puddle and got the entire car muddy and dirty. I put on the windshield whipers, because I couldn't see. Before the windshield was cleaned, a cop drove by and pulled my over for what he called 'reckless driving.' Probably, the only good thing that happened was when  the cop let me go because I told him what happened," she smiled.

"Seems like you had a worse day," I giggled.

"Well, let's just say we're both lucky your not allergic to wasp stings. We would be in real trouble if you were," she said, and we both laughed. "Oh, and I'm not even finished with my story."

"Go ahead. What else happened," I said.

"Okay... now where were we. Oh yeah... right after he let me go. So, when I got to the office, I found out my boss fell down the stairs and broke his neck."

"Like when the oven blew up last year and you broke your neck when you were cleaning up cake batter?!" I added.

"Yep," she said, laughing, "and last but not least a few important papers somehow burnt to ashes. So, as you can see, my day was just wonderful," she said sarcastically.

"I see. Mine was nearly as great." I added.

Then we sat on the couch and watched a movie while we munched on popcorn. Even when I feel super jinxed, she always makes me feel better when I get back home.