Tuesday

"Yay. Guess what day it is," I say sarcastically as I pick out an outfit.

Tuesday. Boring old Tuesday. As if Monday wasn't bad enough. On Monday, you have to wake up early again, no matter how little sleep you got that weekend, or how exhausted you are. At least on Monday, something's new might happen, something different from last week. Maybe the week will be great, and you'll find out on Monday. Not on Tuesday. I really hate Tuesdays. But if course, it's Tuesday. And there's nothing I can do about it. Yay.

After I finished my cereal, I almost missed the bus, but it stopped just in time. So by the time I get on the bus, I'm panting and already starting to sweat. Great way to start a Tuesday. Just great.

I slam my bookbag onto the seat, which makes M ask me what's wrong. M is the only one in my little group of friends who is on my bus. I don't understand why Mandi and Casey aren't on my bus, because they live so close. M Sat in the seat across from mine.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Says M, obviously very concerned. "Remember, today is a new day. It might be great."

"Yep. Because Tuesday is the best day ever," I say, sarcastically.

"Come on Jules. You know I don't like when your sarcastic with me. What happened?" She asks again.

So I sarcastically start, "hahaha..." I wanted to finish, like you didn't see, but she cut me off.

"Stop! I'm serious? What's your problem? I was just trying to be nice! And you know I don't like sarcasm! Ughhh!" Then she turned away from me and stared at the dirty window.

"M?" I say quietly, trying not to make things worse. " I... I was only joking. Please don't... I didn't mean... I'm sorry," I stutter, terrified of losing her friendship.

She won't even look at me. Tears threaten my eyes. I can't cry! I
can't!

"Emma... Emma?" She still won't look at me. "I didn't mean to make you mad," I whisper, about to cry. "Please look at me. You don't have to talk to me. Just look at me at least. Please?" I start to cry when she doesn't turn to look at me.

She must have changed her mind. She must have heard me crying. Maybe she forgave me, or simply was as afraid of losing me as I was of losing her. Whatever the reason, she looked. She looked at me.

She looked like she was about to cry too. She quickly switched over to my seat and we sat there hugging.

"I'm so so sorry. I know you don't like sarcasm. I was just frustrated. I don't know what I would do without you," I say as I finally stop crying.

"Its okay... and I don't know what I would do without you either. And I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have yelled or ignored you," said Emma.

Then I told M about the barely catching the bus situation, and then the bus pulled up in front of the school.