Chapter Seven

Not bad.

That's all I thought while kneeling on the floor picking through Belinda's old clothes. Most of it was neutral; something we both have in common. I don't care to dress to be seen, I don't like to pop out. I simply went with a plain white shirt and jeans.

Getting up off the floor, I put the clothes away in a vintage looking dresser. I plopped on the bed, and was about to doze off when a loud crash sounded. Immediately, I sat up and ran downstairs. No one was in the kitchen or small living room so I ran into the bakery kitchen only to be met with the funniest - and quite cute - sight I've ever seen.

Daniel was on the kitchen floor covered with flour with a sad, "Ugh not again," expression. When I burst out laughing he looked up with a goofy grin.

"Don't laugh! I really hurt myself!" I laughed harder when he whipped his head back and forth to shake an abundance of flour from his thick hair. "Are you gonna just stand there like a gilipollas or help a guy out?"

I suppressed my giggles and held out a hand which he immediately took. As I hauled him up he mumbled something about being clumsy. He dusted off his pants and when he looked up his eyes locked with mine and that light smile he had before turned into the scowl of the century.

"Who did this to you?" His Spanish accent was thick with the anger in his tone. When his thumb landed on my cheek my breath caught at how close we were. A moment went by and I felt like running. I've never been so close to someone, let alone a guy.

I stepped back to a distance I was comfortable with and mumbled, "I fell."

He looked at me unconvinced and was about to argue when Belinda's voice yelled from another room, "Heather! Can you come here?" I stepped from Daniel and gave him a tight smile and power walked away. I hope I didn't look like a complete idiot back there.

When I stepped out of the kitchen I collided with a flustered Belinda. She smiled and grabbed my arm dragging me upstairs and only let go when we got inside my room.

She threw me on the bed and jumped into the Indian position on my bed herself. A couple of seconds went by of her staring at me expectantly and me staring back in confusion before impatience got the best of her and she burst out, "SO?"

I looked at her like she had two heads. "So... what?"

"How was the kiss?"

"What?!"

Belinda looked at me like a concerned citizen would at a person with Alzheimer's. "Daniel. How was the kiss with Daniel? Was it slow and sweet? Or rough and hungry? Oh, I bet it was the fir-"

"What? No! We didn't- is that what you called me for?"

She look immensely disappointed. "I went into the kitchen to see what the bang was about and I saw him touching your cheek and you guys were really close, like super super close, like chest touching close, so I backed out of the kitchen and figured you were kissing." She spoke like a giddy teenager.

I shook my head and started to laugh, "Okay, no, that's definitely not what was happening; we just met... and if you gave us privacy because you thought we were kissing, why did you all the sudden decide, "Hey, lemme call her name like a madwoman!"

Belinda looked at me apologetically and said with a shy voice, "I thought I'd give you some alone time, because who wouldn't with that body of his-" I slapped her shoulder and she smirked, "- but after a few seconds of silence, I panicked because I didn't want the nasty done on my kitchen counters." I gaped at her which only encouraged her smile.

When I didn't say anything, she spoke again, "So if you weren't kissing, then what was the up close and personal silence for?"

"He was asking about the bruise." I said solemnly.

She looked sad but that quickly changed when she, yet again, grabbed my arm and dragged me to her room with Eric and into their bathroom.

I looked around the spacious room. Pretty much your standard master bathroom. "I'm in your bathroom... why?"

Belinda shushed me as she continued to dig through drawers. "AH HA!" She exclaimed in triumph as she held a glass beige tube. "My summer concealer was lost in the dark depths of my makeup drawers, but I found it. Your winter tone is tanner than mine, so here." She handed me the tube and I hesitantly took it.

Her head tilted in question at me, "Why do you look so afraid of it?" She chuckled.

I looked at the tube in my hand, "I've only ever done mascara and that's it."

Belinda's jaw dropped, "How do you deal with Mondays?"

I laughed at her and she smiled as she took the concealer and sat me in a chair.

~'~'~'~

A/N

SpongeBob voice: "One year later."

Yes, I get it, I'm that writer I hate.

I'm sorry for taking forever to update. I missed writing and I felt bad so I made this short chapter. I hope to get another chapter out soon, but knowing me, no promises haha.

ALSO, BIG THINGS.

1) I HAVE A NEW STORY OUT THAT I'M REALLY FREAKING EXCITED ABOUT. IT'S CALLED, "BLOOM." SO YEAH. GO READ IT IF YOU'D LIKE, IT'D MAKE ME HAPPY. LEAVE COMMENTS, IT'S SICKENING HOW HAPPY I GET FOR JUST A ONE WORD COMMENT.

2) WHAT THE HELL?! EMPTY CHAIR HAS NEARLY A THOUSAND VIEWS?????? MY HEART SUNK TO MY ASS WHEN I SAW THAT.

3) I LOVE YOU IF YOU READ UP UNTIL HERE. JUST SAYING. YOU'RE DOPE AF. DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU OTHERWISE.