Vlad?

Phasing through the roof of Fenton Works, Danny Fenton fell onto his bed with a dramatic sigh. A few moments later, there was a knock on his door.

"Honey? Are you home from school already?"

"Yeah mom. Do you mind telling dad I can't work with him and his equipment today? I need a break from working."

"Your father will understand, Danny." His mother opened the door slowly. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"Sure mom." He waited until his mom took a seat beside him. Ever since he told his parents he was the Ghost Boy, he had started to open up about the ghosts he fought and the ghost zone. At least to his mom. His dad was more interested in the fighting part of his life and how large the ghost zone was. He seemed more obsessed with it than anything, ever, in his life. "I was hunted by Skulker again, Sam was put in danger by the angry lunch lady ghost just for eating a salad from home, and the new thermos broke so that's twelve ghosts on the loose I need to track down later. Not only that but we have to do a project for school tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it."

"Well you and Skulker have a sort of an alliance, correct? If you two can make one then I'm sure Sam and the lunch lady can make one as well. If not, you'll be there to protect her and she knows that. Plus she can always take some Fenton Ecto weapons to school if she'd like. What kind of project has you so worried?"

"A dna project. We send our spit out to a lab tomorrow and next week they come back with the results. I don't even know if I can do that. What if that accident mutated my DNA and it says I'm." He stopped. Did he really want his mom to know what he was scared about? "Says that I'm deceased. That doesn't make sense, I know, but it's a question I've been wondering for a while. I don't want to worry anyone about it, but it's made me feel like... Like a freak."

"Honey, you are not a freak. You are a unique young man who happened to be in an accident and now has a very rare ability that no one can even imagine how to use, much less control."

"Vlad figured it out." His mother visually tensed at the mention of Vlad. She seemed more panicked when hearing about Danny's archenemy, but had tried hard not to show it to her son. She was debating something internally, although instead of saying it out loud, she decided to comfort her son. Vlad was gone forever now anyway.

"But you accomplished more than Vlad, sweetheart. You use your powers to do what you believe is best for everyone. You don't abuse others with them."

"I just. I hate Vlad for everything he's done, but sometimes I wonder if I should have accepted his offer to learn from him. Was I being stupid?"

"Danny, you are not stupid." Her mother was thinking hard. Danny was getting older now. She must have shown her concern on her face because he gave her a small hug and even attempted a smile.

"I didn't mean to upset you mom. I know Vlad's evil and a complete fruitloop, but I just want to be a better hero. It's hard to believe I can do that on my own." A text went off on his phone. He had a copy of himself check it. Valerie. That's odd, she usually didn't text for help. She called.

"Honey you aren't alone. You have your father and I to help you. And your sister, and your friends." She smiled suspiciously at the copy of her son on the phone. "Speaking of which, is that Sam?"

"Actually, it's Valerie. You remember her, right? She sometimes comes over with ideas for new ghost catching weapons that won't hurt any possible half-ghosts?"

"I remember. She's a very sweet girl. Is she in trouble?"

"No, but there is one more thing I've been meaning to mention, I just had a lot on my plate, so please don't freak out, ok mom?"

"This has to do with Vlad, doesn't it?"

"Yes and no. Let me explain first." Danny continued to tell his mother about how Vlad the fruitloop tried to make a clone of him, but ended up making Danielle Phantom, a little girl with ghost powers like him. Valerie texted to tell him she saw Dani, and she didn't look so good. So she was wondering if it was okay to bring her to Fenton Works?

"Another half ghost?"

"Technically a clone of me. She's pretty nice, but has a habit of running off dramatically."

"And you consider yourselves cousins?"

"Well, we are related, technically, and when I first met her she said she was my second cousin three times removed or something like that, so we just stuck with cousins." They heard a knock as the ghost alarm went off.

"I didn't think they'd be here that fast!" Danny said as he ran to open the front door. He gasped as he looked at the figure looming menacingly in the doorway.

"Daniel! You're looking fit. Out fighting much?"

"You would know, wouldn't you, Fruitloop? Wait, is that Val's phone?" A sudden feeling of dread filled Danny.

"Didn't even realize who was texting, did you? Madeline, don't you look rather ravishing today."

"Stop hitting on my mother!" Feeling angry, and vengeful, Danny flashed into his ghost form and aimed an ecto blast at Vlad. He dodged, though barely.

"Your emotions will get the better of you Daniel, they always do." Vlad stared at Danny for a moment, as if waiting for him to attack.

"Seriously Vlad, why are you even here?"

"Because secrets are being kept from you still, my boy."

"What secrets are you talking about?"

"It doesn't matter anymore. I found something that will fix us!"

"You found something that makes you human? I tried that. Overrated Fruitloop!" Vlad angrily shot beams from his eyes from every direction as he copied himself. Danny blocked his attack, but they both failed to notice a car that had seemed to appear from no where. A lamppost fell on top of it, the screams attracting Danny's attention. Avoiding the many Vlad's, Danny flew into the car to try and save anyone. His dad had just came out to see what all this noise was about.

"You!"

"Long time, no see, you big oaf." With no other words, Jack used his improved Fenton gloves to give Vlad a run for his money.

"Help Danny!" He shouted as the car burst into flames, no sign of the ghost boy in sight.

He was halfway to a hospital, those burns didn't look good. Danny had only spent half a minute in that car, where he could see and hear everyone was already dead from that electrical shock. Everyone except for the girl around his age in his arms. Somehow she had looked right at him and gasped, whispering in shock that she had lived. Danny was now flying her to a hospital, dropping her off in the emergency room and flying off again, no time for even a hasty explanation to the nurses that had become so familiar with him.

As he headed back though, things got dizzy. Something was wrong. And then everything was wrong.