Chapter 1

Every person in the building stops what they are doing for a second and their eyes follow a certain person walking in the hallway, making her way to the top floor.

The woman screams elegance, sophistication, and an authorative aura that could make anyone follow with jist one wave of her hand. People stare at her in awe as she strides, walking pass every person greeting her. This is how she lives now, every morning, getting up and preparing herself, not just her physical self but more on her emotions. She shouldn't show emotions, that's what her father taught her. Emotions are for people who can't handle life's challenges, and it will be deemed as weakness if she would show how she really feel.

She went inside her private elevator and pressed the top floor where her office is located. When the door closes, she sighs and look at her reflection. The woman she is seeing right now is not who she really is but she have to hide it especially to her father.

Her father retired at the age of 65. And it's been 2 years since she started handling the company. She's just 23 years old pero napakabigat na ng nakaatang na obligasyon sa kanya. Hindi manlang nya na-enjoy ang pagkadalaga. It's been hard since her mother passed away. Mas lalong naghigpit sa kanya ang sariling ama. Nag iisa lang syang anak ng mga ito kaya solo lang nya ang lahat ng responsibilidad.

She composed herself when she saw that she's almost at her floor. Saktong bumukas ang elevator ay sumalubong agad sa kanya ang sekretarya nyang si Bianca. Bagong hire lang ito at masasabi nyang efficient ito. Maayos at mabilis kumilos lalo na tuwing may kailangan syang matapos agad. May asawa't anak na rin ito pero napakabubbly ng personality nito kaya naman medyo naiinggit sya rito.

Her secretary can do everything she wishes too. She can show people emotions and her true self, happy and free.. Unlike her. She became friends with her but she still limits herself from showing her real self. Baka ay malaman ito ng kanyang ama at tanggalin na lang biglaan ang kaibigang secretary.

"You have a meeting with the investors at 9 am. Then you have a lunch meeting with Mr. Garcia and Cheng at Lux Restaurant. After that you are free for the rest of the afternoon."

Free.. Yeah, right.    

Tumango sya at ngumiti naman ito sa kanya bago nagpaalam na babalik na sa table at nagbilin pa na tawagin lang sya kung may kailangan ipagawa. Pumasok na sya sa opisina at inilapag ang mga gamit sa table pagkatapos ay binuksan ang laptop para tignan kung may mga emails na kailangang basahin. She was busy typing on her laptop when something popped up on her email.

Unfamiliar ang email address at napataas ang kilay nya nang binuksan nya ito. It was just an email saying 'hi'. Hidni naman nya kilala ito kaya hindi na sya nag aksaya ng oras para replyan ito. Ginugol nya ang oras sa pagtatrabaho at nang oras na para sa meeting ay sya na mismo ang maagap na tumayo at nag ayos muna ng itsura bago naglakad papasok sa conference room. It's just five minutes before the meeting starts at paunti unti ang pagdating ng mga investors nila sa company.

Karamihan sa mga ito ay mga lalaki at dalawa o tatlo lang ang babae. Hindi na sya nagtataka kung bakit, her father despises women when it comes to business. Wala lang talaga itong choice dahil nag iisa lang syang anak kaya sa kanya parin ang bagsak ng kompanya nito. That's why her father always tell her not to show emotions. It's just a hindrance of power growing, it's a weakness for him.