Chapter 22: Elena

"Who did this?" Magnate Leto asked. "I'm going to ask each of you some questions. Councillor Oralie is here to make sure you're telling the truth. If it's you that did this, then you get 5 weeks detention."

Councillor Lying curls walked in, wrinkled her nose and coughed.

"Let's get this done quickly." she said.

"Elena." Magnate Leto said.

Oralie grabbed my hand. Even though, having five weeks of detention is normal, for me, I don't want to get more detention. I was not nervous at all. I found a way to lie to Empaths so that helps.

"She isn't nervous." Oralie remarked.

"What did you do yesterday?" Magnate Leto asked me.

Ha. Easy!

"I went to play with Muriel in the morning. Around lunch time, Lianne cae over and suggested we have a sleepover. Everyone came over, we played basequest and truth or dare. Did you know that Tristan's middle name is Onyx?" I said.

"Okay, that's enough for that question. Did you do any pranks?" Magnate Leto asked.

"Not unless you count dumping water on Kenric to wake him up." I said with a shrug.

Magnate Leto then turned to Oralie.

"She isn't lying." Oralie said to Magnate Leto.

"You spent the whole day with Muriel?" he asked.

I nodded.

"You and Muriel may leave." he told us.

We didn't need to be told twice. We ran to the Leapmaster. Before we stepped into the light, Muriel thanked me. She can't lie to Empaths so I lie for her. I stepped in to the light and arrived at Crystalglade. Mom and Dad were waiting right in front of us.

"Hi mom! Hi dad!" I said casually.

"Mira told me that you, Muriel, Celia, Hestia and Zack got called to the office. What was that about?" mom asked.

"Magnate Leto was trying to find the person that stunk up the school. Councillor lying curls was the lie detector. We were let go because Oralie said we weren't lying." I said.

"Ugh! Why does she always have to be telling the truth!" Mira screamed from behind me. I hadn't noticed that she was there.

"I'm glad you had nothing to do with it." mom said, smiling at me.

I ran up to my room. At least nobody knows that I can lie to Empaths. After all, I've done it many, many times. There was a knock at my door.

"Come in." I called.

Dad walked in. I smiled. I loved hearing the stories of his amazing pranks. He sat down on my bed, beside me.

"Were you the one that did it?" he asked.

"I had nothing to do with it what so ever." I said.

Dad smirked.

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. I heard all about what you and Muriel did from your aunt Clara. It's pretty amazing. How did you lie to Oralie?" he asked.

He meant Miss Lying curls. Mom named Oralie Miss Lying curls, because she was her genetic mom and blah, blah, blah.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said.

"You know exactly what I mean." Dad said. "How can you lie to Empaths?"

I blushed.

"Um. I don't know." I said, flustered.

Dad nodded.

"Can you try lying to me?" he asked.

"Sure." I responded.

"I'll ask a simple question. I know that your favourite colour is cobalt blue, so try saying some other colour."

I nodded along.

"What's your favourite colour?" Dad asked.

"Yellow." I said.

Dad's eyes widened.

I smiled triumphantly. Only then did I notice something odd.

"Dad. I don't know how to say this... but it feels like... I can feel how much of you is good... and how much is bad. Not that there is a lot of bad but, still."

"Like... potential?" dad asked.

I nodded. Wasn't that called a Descryer? I couldn't have another ability! Could I? Mom has 5 but...

"Just go to sleep, it's late. We'll talk about this in the morning." he said.

Dad left and I fell asleep, having nightmares about burglars and too-sweet candies.

A/N: Is the story ok?

Q: Is Elena actually a Descryer? What do you think about her having 4 abilities, plus being able to lie to an Empath?