Chapter VIII

Chapter 8: I have a conversation with some soft drinks

Fun fact: that's the... third time I've gone unconscious within three days? Or at least, I think so. Let me check. Mm hm, it is. I hate all these new records, none of them are good.

Speaking of new, lemme give you a rundown of all my powers and their names, just to clarify what I'm doing. Light orb - explosive ball of solar light. Glowing orb - just a very bright spherical light. Levitation - speaks for itself. Light shards - shooting daggers of light. Light ray - a laser of light. Energy output - combusting with light. Those are the important ones.

But anyways, after I woke up, it was only five hours later. Better than twenty eight hours, like the last time I overused my powers. But we were an hour away from New Brunswick. Now, we're fifteen minutes.

"We ain't got all day, Ollie, just put them in the fridge!" Maria argued, looking pretty while driving the yacht.

"Ughmmmnnnnn fine." I hoisted the ice cream containers in my arms and walked downstairs to the freezer, where most of the food was kept. We raided the FoodMart, apparently. After hastily shoving the food in, I returned upstairs. Will and Tris were debating whether we wait at the Saint John dock or go into the city to find Goldwin the satyr.

"We'll be there in around five minutes!" Maria announced. Around us, there were other boats and smaller yachts in the ocean, and the dock was flooded (no pun intended) with boats and yachts. It would be hard finding a docking space.

A few minutes later, the other three demigods like me were crowded around the helm, watching Maria skilfully navigate through the labyrinth of yachts and tourist boats. There was a spot near a nice wooden dock, where lots of seagulls were perched, squawking and dabbling. You could see the city about a mile inland, looking large and intimidating.

Maria managed to park in at the dock, and we all got ready to leave. It was decided that we'd go explore for a bit before returning to the dock, but we needed some way to lock the boat up... or something.

We climbed down from the ladder, and felt the whiplash of solid ground after being on a yacht for hours, and Maria tied the ladder to the dock with a thick rope we stole from the harpies.

"Ok, now what?" Will asked. We decided to let him tag along for this.

"Um, let's go explore, I guess. Where do we start?" Tris turned around, but we were all not focused. We were staring at one thing, about a hundred metres away. His black hair and sea green eyes stuck out like a sun in the clouds.

"What is Percy Jackson doing here? And how did we not see him on the way?" Will asked. He groaned, and started pacing.

"What? Where?" Tris frantically started looking as Maria tried to help her out. Leo, with his curly brown hair and belts, was there too. He noticed me, and started smiling stupidly. Then he got Percy, who noticed us too. They started waving and trying to get our attention.

"Just pretend we don't see them!" I ordered. We did a terrible job at pretending. "Ok, since I'm self nominated leader, I'll go over there. Deal?"

"No, I'm the oldest and the smartest, so maybe..." Will gave up once I started walking away.

The dock was a few feet above the ocean, but my legs still got sprayed by the saltwater. Percy was still waving at us, as if I wasn't walking over to him. They were on a white yacht, much smaller than ours. It looked cramped. A few minutes later, I arrived on the dock next to them.

"Hey! Alfie!" Percy smiled. 

"Ollie," I corrected.

"Hm?" He asked.