Feelings Unlocked

It was here. The last day of school. Which also meant it was game day.I woke up this morning feeling like I was gonna puke I was so nervous I might mess up the routine. I got changed and basically did everything you do before you head to school.. I did however skip breakfast, I needed to look my best for the game and I didn't really know how to explain it. Eating less made me feel skinnier. It was a habit I had once got rid of but recently started up again.

I walked to school and met up with Jason on the way. "Hey Y/N!" He hugged me. I had gotten more comfortable over time. Yesterday at his game we hung out all day. I began to have this feeling in my stomach when I saw him. It felt like I was on a roller coaster of amazing emotions. I wanted to be near him all the time. We shared laughs as we walked. I almost fell over he made me laugh so much. Without thinking I intertwined his fingers with mine. I held his hand for a good 3 seconds before I realized what I was doing. He didn't even notice either. "Should I let go?" I thought to myself. The shy and embarrassed side of me came out and let go of his hand. The rest of the walk was kind of awkward.

-Lunch Time-
"Y/N come sit with me." Jason smiled. We had gotten over the little hand holding incident. I sat down next to him. "I'm really excited for the game today." He said stuffing his face full with food. "Yeah I'll be your little cheerleader today!" Oh god, oh no, oh no no no! I did not just say that. My face was heated up and I began to almost choke on my food. What were these words I suddenly had begun saying to him! "I'll be cheering for you a little I mean!" I panicked smacking myself in the head. "I sure hope you cheer more for me than just a little." He chuckled.

When I got home I felt sudden sadness. I wanted to be talking with Jason. I wanted. I wanted Jason. Oh my god! A sudden realization of my feelings hit me. I was turning into one of Jason little fan girls. I couldn't have hated myself more in my life. I collapsed on my bed. "That's it I'm not going to the game tonight." I said aloud to myself. "Why not?" It just so happened my mom was taking laundry into my room. "Sorry I didn't mean to say that to you." I sighed. She placed the basket of laundry on my dresser and sat on the end of my bed. "Me and your dad are gonna be there rooting for you." She used her thumb to making a rubbing motion on my knee. It was comforting. "I won't let you guys down." I sat up hugging her close. I needed to put Jason aside and focus on what was best for me. I was going to cheer and I would make my mom and dad happy.

Sorry if this chapter is a bit cringe. 🥶