intro

𖤥 ˒

𖤥 ˒

Marigold Barton has spent her entire life trying to be normal.

After running away to live with her grandmother at eleven years old, Maggie has dedicated her life to being the most basic bitch there ever was. And if you ask anyone in Lenora, California— they'll tell you she succeeded. There is nothing extraordinary about Marigold Barton. Except maybe the fact that she's an amazing babysitter.

Even the most rambunctious and rebellious children, she'll have tucked in and asleep by 9:30 no issue. So when Joyce Byers needs someone to watch Will while her and Jonathan are at work, she thinks she's found the perfect candidate. No big personality, no nosey digging into his personal life, no nothing. There was nothing to worry about with Maggie.

Until she eventually gets drug into the mess of monster hunting, an inter dimensional creature trying to kill everyone, and some very aggressive scientists trying to find one of their escaped lab rats.

And it turns out, no one is really that normal. Not unless they're hiding something.

𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 — I'd like to start off by thanking everyone who decided to click on my silly little book and take time to read it or even just take a peek at it, I appreciate it lots <3 this idea has been in my brain for a while and I just felt ...

𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 — I'd like to start off by thanking everyone who decided to click on my silly little book and take time to read it or even just take a peek at it, I appreciate it lots <3 this idea has been in my brain for a while and I just felt like I needed to get it out so I hope other people enjoy it too!

𝐃'𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐧𝐚𝐧 — this book is an au, so it will not be cannon complaint (‼️) Please keep that in mind because I don't want a bunch of comments like "lol that didn't happen" "actually in the show it's [ ]" because I've seen a lot of those in other books even if they are labeled AU and it makes me sad :/

𝐌𝐫.𝐅𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐲 — that being said, I'd like to clarify what is going on in my version. so this au is set roughly around season 3 ish plot, except that the Byers moved to California at the end of season 2 instead of 3. that is where they meet Marigold. I think the rest will be explained in the chapters, but feel free to ask if you find something hard to follow!!