Chapter 1 - SANDRO (Part 1)

Part 1

Athena's POV

"Oh, No!"

"You're application number or name is not on the list."

"You failed! Awww, but you studied so hard this past month too."

"You're right...." I said without excitement.

"It's not you're right!!" YOU'RE THE ONE WHO FAILED!!!" he upsettingly said.

 "ALAM KO!!! and will you stop saying "you failed, you failed, stop rubbing it on my face? I'm not as smart as you!" I annoyingly said.

"Go ahead be depressed! you idiot!" Sandro said.

"You're mean Sandro! Just because you qualified does not mean you have to bully me emotionally and I think it does not matter to you, right?" I cried.

"YES, IT DOES!!" he screamed.

"Why do you think I applied to this stupid school that I didn't even want to go to..." hindi na niya tinuloy ang kanyang paliwanag. His face turned red too.

"Huh?" I'm confused by his reaction. 

and then...

"Athena, you idiot!!!" he was crying when he called me that.

Sandro is a childhood friend of mine, he and I went to Laoag Elementary School when we were kids. He always picks on me and bullied me around every day he was more of the type I couldn't handle. But he values me as a friend, even if I sometimes get into trouble, he always got my back.

After our elementary graduation, his parents shipped him off to London to study in a boarding school for boys, and then there's me stuck in a local public high school in my home province of Laoag Ilocos Norte.

I never saw him again.

Years passed, I was able to go to a community college, I work as a florist helper after class para matustusan ang pangangailangan ko para sa school, since I love flower arrangements the pay is good and enough for me to pay home bills, I mean this is just a hobby of mine.

Minsan pag gusto ng client ang presentation namin nagbibigay talaga sila ng extra payment.

I'm already a fourth year college student, kailangan kong mag focus kasi nakasalalay dito ang future ko.

Naalala ko bigla si Sandro, ano kaya ginagawa niya ngayon? Wala kaming communication sa isa't isa as in kahit sa social media, mailap ako sa mga yan kasi ayaw kong mag share, however I do have my IG which I open from time to time.