Fat Chance

"Gimme an M!" I cheered, jumping upfront with two other cheerleaders, as the crowd behind me did as told;

"M!"

"Gimme an A!" I cheered again, as the two cheerleaders, Grace and Holly whistled along with the crowd;

"A!" 

"Gimme an N!" I grinned, as we reached the main school entrance;

"N!"

"What does that spell?!" Grace called out excitedly, causing the crowd to yell out;

"Man!"

"Who is the man?!" I howled, as Principal Burke was eager to answer;

"Jack is the man!"

"Jack! Jack! Jack!" The students along the hallway cheered out, joining in.

We walked towards our friends, who seemed to be hanging out by Kim's locker. Jack and I were in the gym, as he was recruited for a one time thing to help win the gymnastics contest, and I just so happened to be co-captain of the pep squad, along with Kim. Unfortunately, it was just me today, as my best friend decided to bail on me because she had to retake a stupid Math test.

Cheering is just not the same without her.

Besides, laughing at Jack in tights without her was not that funny.

"Thank you," Jack smiled, as Kim, Milton, Jerry and Eddie walked closer to us.

It's been a while since Kim and I joined the Bobby Wasabi dojo and it may be safe to say it's the best decision we've ever made. Sure, it's not as strict and high-rank as the Black Dragon was, but our new sensei is also a funny, cool, friend who helps us perfect our martial skills, and Milton and Jerry have quickly become our friends.

So, not only we hang with them at the dojo, but also at school and after school. We have definitely made an awesome new friend group. I wouldn't trade these guys for anything in the world.

"Now thanks to Jack's routine we've won our first gymnastics trophy in 15 years!" Principal Burke announced, as he held up the huge trophy in question, causing the students to clap.

"It wasn't really a routine," Jack lightly shrugged his shoulders, as Principal Burke gave me the honor of climbing up the ladder to place the trophy high-up on the school hallway, amongst our other trophies, "I was just trying to move fast enough so no one would notice I was... wearing a unitard."

"Babe, I think you should know everyone noticed," I truthfully told him, making a stop on the ladder after placing the trophies, "You were really... out... there..." I lost my train of thought as the two other kids who competed alongside Jack walked by us proudly, while still wearing their tights.

They shot Jack thumbs up's, as he returned them awkwardly, before turning to our friends, "When you're wearing one of those things... even when you win, you lose."

"Stop shaking your behind like that, Sydney!" I yelled after one of the two kids, climbing down the ladder, "It's really not a sight!"

"You know, I just won our first spelling bee our school has ever-" Milton walked towards Jack and I, holding a small, fist-size trophy, but was quickly cut off by Eddie;

"Hey, show us what you did to win, Jack!"

"Yeah, go for it!" The rest of the crowd clapped, as Jack nodded eagerly.

He stepped back, taking in a deep breath, before doing the same flips and routine he did earlier to win us the trophy. We all clapped and cheered for him, as he made a small bow at the end.