~Chapter 17~

"How can he still look so handsome like that?" You thought. Loki walked in front of Odin and stopped. There was a beautiful woman looking at Loki with sadness. You immediately knew she was their mother.

"Loki..." She said.

"Hello mother," Loki said. "Are you proud?"

"Please, don't make this worse," She said.

"Define 'worse'," Loki said.

"Enough talking to the prisoner," Odin's voice boomed. "Stand back Frigga."

"I'm beginning to understand why Loki hates Odin so much," You muttered under your breath.

"I don't understand why it's such a big deal," Loki said.

"You really don't understand the gravity of your crimes?" Odin said.

"Well, I just tried to dominate Earth and failed," Loki said. "You said humans were insignificant and I followed your advice. I just tried to be a less hypocritical version of you."

"Do you plead guilty to all your crimes against humanity?" Odin said.

"Yes, I do," Loki said.

"No, no! What are you doing Loki?!" You said, coming out of hiding to get closer to them. "That's not true, you're innocent. You were under mind control, you were tortured!"

"Y/N, please don't," Loki said, not even looking at you.

"What is this midgardian doing here?" Odin said.

"Don't be rough at her," Loki said. "Thor and I brought her to meet mother."

"Don't tell me any of you fell in love with the mortal," Odin said. "She doesn't belong here."

"Excuse me, sir, I'm here," You said. "You don't need to talk about me like I'm not, you can tell me whatever you want." Loki stared at you, furious.

"Why do you think the prisoner is innocent?" Odin asked you.

"Because I'm a witness," You answered.

"How?"

"When Loki reached Earth, he arrived weak, with signs of dehydration and heat exposure. His eyes were bright blue and he was aggressive, all of which was made worse when he touched the scepter. The scepter controlled him on the order's of someone else, he didn't act by himself."

"Who did this to you, Loki?" Odin asked.

"That information isn't relevant," Loki said. "Just give me my sentence." You took his hand and looked into each other's eyes.

"Loki, please, you know you're not guilty," You said.

"Just give me the sentence," Loki said, ignoring you. "Don't do anything to her."

"Frigga is the only reason why I haven't given you a death sentence," Odin said. "You'll spend the rest of your life in prison." Loki was so shocked that he stumbled backwards and let out a nervous laugh.

"This is not fair, he's your son!" You argued. "You can't do this to him. He needs you."

"And you, you must be immediately sent back to Midgard," Odin said, shooting a glare at you.

"No, you won't send me back," You snapped. "I just arrived, and I won't be leaving until I finish my mission, sir. And I need your son for that."

"Dear, you don't need me at all," Loki said. "You are capable of learning on your own."

"I really need you by my side when these powers are taken from me," You said, as you took his hand again.

"You have a lot of courage to be just a Midgardian," Odin said. "I like courage."

"Thank you, sir," You said. "I fight for what I believe in, and I believe in your sons. They are wonderful."

"Good, you can stay," Odin said. "But I have a condition: Loki will pay for his crimes in prison and will only be able to come out to help you, he has to be under your supervision and you'll be responsible for him. Don't make me regret this decision."

"Dear..." Loki said, as the guards grabbed him by the shoulders.

"I won't let you down, sir," You said to Odin, and didn't say anything to Loki.