1. lizrei

-confessions-

naoi rei was scared.

when her best friend, and longtime crush, kim jiwon asked her to meet up to tell her something important, she immediately got nervous.

did she not like her anymore? did she not want to be her friend anymore? was she suddenly moving somewhere far away? thoughts raced throught rei's mind as she quickly threw her shoes on.

before heading to the park to meet jiwon, she sent her a quick text saying she was on her way.

rei— hey i'm on my way now
rei— i'll be there in 5
rei— is everything ok?

she slipped her phone in her pocket before beginning the 5- minute walk to the park near her house.

rei walked around, looking for the girl, when all of a sudden she saw a familiar blonde waving at her. rei grinned and waved back, heading over to where her best friend was awkwardly standing.

"hi rei," jiwon said as she wrapped her arms around the taller girl, engulfing her in a hug. "how are you?"

"hey, liz. i'm good," rei anxiously replied, before stepping way from jiwon. "what did you want to talk to me about?"

"oh, uhm, i'll tell you. soon. do you wanna walk with me and go get ice cream first?" jiwon asked to which rei happily agreed.

the two girls got their ice cream, and started walking around downtown, keeping a pleasant conversation as they walked.

"so.. what is it you wanted to tell me?" rei asked her friend again, hoping she would tell her this time. jiwon quickly looked at the floor. "are you mad with me?"

"what?!" jiwon replied. "no! no, i promise i'm not mad at you."

"you just won't tell me what's going on. i don't know you seem different today," rei said and shrugged. she didn't want to make jiwon feel bad, but she was beginning to get a little bit agitated.

"uh, here why don't we walk back to the park since it's getting dark?" jiwon suggested. rei agreed, but made jiwon promise to tell her once they got there.

kim jiwon was also scared.

she'd had a crush on her best friend for as long as she could remember. she didn't know how or when to tell her, scared of getting rejected.

however, she decided to get it over with tonight. it was either now or never.

as the two of them were walking back to the park, jiwon nervously played with the edge of her dress. she so badly wanted to chicken out again, but told herself she had to tell rei.

when they made it back to the park, rei turned to her best friend. "okay, ready?"

"rei can i please walk you back to your apartment i promise i'll actually tell you there?"

rei agreed again.

they got to her apartment and rei finally spoke again.

"are you going to tell me what's going on now, or not?" she asked, and jiwon nodded. "listen, whatever you tell me isn't going to change our friendship, okay? i don't know why you're so nervous, but just know that i'm always going to support you, okay?"

jiwon could feel tears brimming at the bottom of her eyes. she took a deep breath in, it's now or never.

"fine, rei. because the truth is—" she paused. "i like you, okay?"

rei raised an eyebrow in confused. "i know you like me though, why else would we be best friends?" she asked, but the shorter girl shook her head.

"no, rei. that's not what i meant. i like you, like you." jiwon admitted.

"oh."

"see? that's what i wanted to tell you. and i'm sorry for waiting so long to say something, but it just got nervous. i know that you'd probably say no, but i was wondering if y-"

"no, liz," rei interrupted. "i like you too! and i have actually, for a really long time."

"y-you do?"

"yeah."

"wait. uh, so can i kiss you then?"

rei answered her question by closing the gap in between the two and pressing her lips against the younger girls'. she smelled sweet and her lips tasted just like the cotton candy she ate earlier.

jiwon pulled away first, her face a vibrant shade of red. "so.. what next?"

"let me take you on a date tomorrow, a real one, and we can decide things from there?" rei decided, and jiwon nodded in approval.

"of course, text me where to meet you and i'll see you there. goodnight rei."

"goodnight liz."

idk what i was doing w this one but enjoyy (: