「 kazuha x gn!reader :: leaf 」

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮
« Fluff »

Art By bkRENN_4213:https://twitter

Art By bkRENN_4213:
https://twitter.com/bkRENN_4213/status/1397373440475033603?s=20&t=MD5Aht-SSAe1FcRebmtQ7w
╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

'In the end, the prophecy had come true after all. The Prinzessin reigned supreme, ruling over the Immernachtreich with her wise companion; Oz.' You turned to the next page of the book, finding that you had finished it.

"Aw, that was the last book too," you pouted, putting your book to your side. You sighed, looking out at the river.

You were sat back to back with an autumn tree, the leaves slowly migrating from green to varieties of warm colors. The bark of the tree was a chocolate brown; the bright rays of the sun causing it to change to a warmer color.

The tree was on the brim of a beautiful blue river. There was a bridge nearby where other children would tend to skip rocks into the river.

"What was the last book?" A soft, yet energetic voice spoke from above you. You looked up in alert, reaching for a stick resting beside the tree.

"Who are you?!" You demanded, holding up your stick. You weren't old enough for an actual weapon, so you improvised. You saw the other children use sticks as imitations of swords, so you held the stick like a sword.

Suddenly, a child appearing to be around the same age as you dropped down, hanging upside down on a branch. He had a small ponytail which was being brought down from gravity. He waved at you happily.

"Greetings! My name is Kaedehara Kaz—" he started, before you interrupted him.

"Ka-day, what now?" You tilted your head in confusion, dropping your stick back where it was before. He giggled.

"Nevermind. My name is Kazuha, what's yours?" He smiled at you, jumping down from the tree. He let his legs slip loose, backflipping onto the grass beside you. He sat down criss-crossed in front of you.

"Hmm, how can I trust you?" You squinted your eyes at him playfully.

"Uh, how about I play something for you?" He smiled. You raised a brow.

"But how? You don't seem to have any instrument on you..." You inspected his clothing for any instrument.

"Haha, anything can be an instrument!" He smiled at you, glancing at your hair.

Getting closer to you, he brought a hand up to your hair. His hand retreated with a leaf that was probably resting in your hair.

He backed off of you, going back to sitting criss-crossed on the ground as you pat down your hair to get out any other stray leaves.

Looking back at the boy sat in front of you, he smiled before holding the stem of the leaf, his other hand holding the end of the leaf.

He took a deep breath and placed his lips on the leaf, closing his eyes.

Suddenly, the leaf made a sharp sound.

The sound slowly turned into a softer one, more notes coming out; creating a beautiful tune.

You widened your eyes in amazement and awe, your lips parting in astonishment.

One note after the other, the boy managed to create music with a mere leaf.

You sat there against the tree, your eyes on the boy; listening to his melody. He had an excellent sense of rhythm; playing notes one after the other.

Several notes later, he dragged one note and faded it out. With that, the song ended and he put the leaf down.

You clapped enthusiastically, amazed at his performance.

"That was amazing! How did you do that?!" You questioned after you stopped applauding. He blushed from your supportive actions.

"Maybe I could...teach you sometime?" He offered. You nodded.

"Sure! I'd love to learn how you do that!" You smiled warmly.

"Alright, it's a plan, then!" He smiled back.

7/19/2022