Chapter 6

Storm's POV

I was staring at the dead ill in front of me, my eyes wide open, relief slowly filling my mind as I began to believe what had just happened.

"Come on, get up," the voice demanded and I looked up at the face who had their hand outstretched.

I reached out my hand and grabbed his. He pulled me up and I instantly hugged him. "Thank you so much!"

I let go as he moved and retrieved his knife from the dead ill's head. "Don't mention it. Now let's go," he insisted.

"Alright," I agreed and followed him. He lead me through the unfamiliar area we happened to be located.

"What where you doing out here anyway?" I asked my friend, still trying to figure out how he was out here.

"I was over in this direction when I saw a crashed car on it's side. I went to check it out and couldn't find the driver so I searched around and found you."

"Oh... that can't be good," I mumbled.

"What the heck where you doing driving a car?" He asked.

"Nathan. I wasn't driving," I informed and he turned around, stopping and looking at me.

"Then we should go find whoever was driving they could need our help," he suggested, walking past me.

I turned around and grabbed his wrist. "We don't need to go looking. I was in the car but I wasn't driving. The two guys in it had beaten and kidnapped me. They where going to kill me so I pulled the car into park and it flipped," I explained.

"So we aren't going to find him?" Nathan slightly narrowed his eyes as he turned back towards me and I released my grip.

I shook my head in protest, "No, he'll try to kill us! Besides, since when did you start caring about people?"

"Storm. I'm not the big asshole my brother makes me out to be, I just act like that towards him. And our race isn't exactly doing all the best right now so I thought trying to keep a few people alive was the best idea. Is it that hard to believe I'm just trying to help out?" Nathan asked.

"No, I just never really saw you as that kind of person. I mean I only knew you around your brother and my brother," I pointed out.

"Well what about us? I was like an angel to you."

I smiled. "Yeah, guardian angel it seems. You came to my rescue, and for that I am grateful."

"Good. Now let's go," he walked back passed me and continued walking. I walked beside him, gun in my left hand. I wasn't limping as bad now but there was still a stinging sensation in my shoulder, though I haven't really been thinking about it.