|c h a p t e r 6|

I can't believe it! I'm in Gryffindor out of all the houses?! my father is going to kill me, honestly I think that bloody hat just put me in this house for shits and giggles. Later, after all of the first years are sorted in their houses, all of the students were talking to each other. McGonagall dings on a cup "Your attention, please." she says clearly showing authority just as Dumbledore rises from his chair "Let the feast...begin." he shouts, and immediately after, students from all years begin stuffing food into their mouths. Do they not possess any morals? Especially Ron, he's eating as if he's been starved for all of his 11 years of living. "Wow" I hear Harry say "what's there to be Wowed by? It is merely a feast "I say with a perplexed expression. "What do you mean? Check out the size of the meal and the candles!" Harry stammers, trying to explain to me why he is so taken aback by the feast. "Ignore her harry, she's one of the stuck-up rich pure-blood she just wouldn't understand," Rons says quite rudely while his face is still stuffed with food, it made me feel really upset and I'm not sure why, why would i care about whatever this Weasley have to say about me?

"oh, she's a pure blood? I'm half and half. Me dad's a Muggle. Mam's a witch. Bit of a nasty shock for him when he found out." a boy with brown hair says while the Longbottom kid, Neville laughs. i end up completely blocking out the rest of their conversation and just eat in peace, unlike these murderous fools, I was raised with table etiquette... Ron yells "Ahh!" in a high-pitched voice as I'm reaching for some water. I yell " MERLIN" and jerk my hand back " WHAT IS BLOODY WRONG WITH YOU WEASLY?!" i whisper yell at him making sure no teacher could hear me "Hello! How are you? Welcome to Gryffindor." a ghost says- wait- a ghost? "Honestly why am i still surprised anymore? ofc there is a full-blown ghost here" i say with a sigh as the ghost just laughs at me..never thought I'd get laughed at by a dead person. Just as I finish my internal monologue Numerous ghosts come pouring from the walls, sailing along. " Whoo-hoo-hoo!" one of the ghost yells out "Look, it's the Bloody Baron!" some random girl yells out "Hello, Sir Nicholas. Have a nice summer?" A older ginger says whom i suspect to be another Weasley swear to merlin they are responsible for half the country's population. "Dismal. Once again, my request to join the headless hunt has been denied" just as the ghost known as Sir Nicholas was about to leave Ron yells out " I know you! You're Nearly Headless Nick!".

"Bloody hell Ron even annoying the ghost are we?" i say in a sarcastic tone and all i get in return is a eye roll-

" I prefer Sir Nicholas if you don't mind." the ghost corrects him "Nearly headless? How can you be nearly headless?" Hermoine chimes in, not gonna lie I didn't notice her sitting till now "Like this." and grabs head and pulls it to the side. His head is hanging on just by a thread "Ahh!" Ron yells yet again, " Stop yelling!" i say to him as Hermione moans in disgust; Harry just simply rolls his eyes. Nick reattaches his head back to his body.

.

.

Later, the older Weasley known as Percy is leading us the Gryffindors to the staircase tower "Gryffindors, follow me, please. Keep up. Thank you." he instructs "This is the most direct path to the dormitories. Oh, and keep an eye on the staircases...they like to change." he adds as we enter a vast area with stairs and pictures "Keep up, please, and follow me. Quickly now, come on. Come on." as we follow Percy several of the portraits began greeting us and i swear some of them were giving me a look of...pity or just pure shock? not sure what that's about. We arrive in the Gryffindor Tower corridor on the seventh floor a little later. They approach a sizable painting of a huge woman dressed in pink. She is referred to as 'The Fat Lady.' "Password?" she askes

"Caput Draconis." Percy answers and The Fat Lady smiles and nods in confirmation. The painting opens up to reveal a doorway in the wall, leading to Gryffindor Tower. "Follow me, everyone. Keep up, quickly, come on."once we enter the common room we see the large room which was a circular space. It was filled with squishy chairs, tables, and a bulletin board where people could put information about the school, advertisements, lost posters, etc. Red, the color of the house, was used to decorate the common area in a variety of hues. Numerous windows looked out onto the school's grounds, and one wall was taken up by a huge fireplace. The fireplace's mantel was decorated with a painting of a lion, and there were also several books there. The fireplace had a connection to the Floo Network as well, but it was rarely private unless it was very late at night. The room also contained bookcases that were stocked with a variety of books and literary works overall i would say it looked really really cool it made me quite excited to be spending the next 7-8 years calling this place my home " Gather 'round here. Welcome to the Gryffindor Common Room. Boy's dormitories, upstairs and down to your left. Girls, the same on your right. You'll find that your belongings have already been brought up." Percy says before calling it a night and telling us to go off to our rooms..turns out i would be sharing a room with Hermoine, Lavender Brown, Parvati Patil and Fay Dunbar they all seemed really nice {and for all my Indians (if you're not desi just ignore the part that's in italics)} plus it was nice to be sharing a room with Parvati, her twin Padma was sorted into Ravenclaw. Just goes to show how weird the hat is, but yea felt nice to be around someone kinda similar to me. After chatting for a while, we all changed into pajamas and went to bed in preparation for our first day of classes at Hogwarts.