Prologue

Grian woke up in his bed with a grin. Today, he had a plan. 

He glided to the open street from his apartment. He lived to the eastern side of hermitia in a cracked apartment complex that looked to be older than the city itself. He tapped his foot and peered at his watch, 

5:00 am 

A grin cracked on his face. Today, was the day.

----time skip sponsored by garden snails, they don't get enough love.----

Grian glided down the long, narrow tunnel. The walls were a gradient of grays with black near the end, the aura in the air similar to that of a lake at night. His grin only widened as he burst out the end of the tunnel, wings spreading with ease and feathers glistening in Golden Light spilling from lanterns. Wall to wall was an expanse of revamped mineshafts, ores shining against the lanterns. 

Grian landed near the front of the cavern, tucking his wings against his back. 

"Alright! Lets go over the plan for today!" Grian chirped, grin growing dangerous on his face. He ran over to his planning room and took in the air. The room had Blackstone walls and iron bars, purple accents littering the room. The floor resembled the void as the roof had a starry-illusion. In the middle of the room was a dark oak table with multiple papers on it as well as a blue macaw.

"Professor Beak! Where are my plans?" Grian giggled in mock sternness. The little bird let out a squawk of acknowledgment and grabbed a paper from the table, handing it to Grian. 

"pesky bird." Grian said affectionately, looking over the plans once more. 

PLANS:

-blow up H.H.H.Q (hermit hero headquarters.)

-lure out heroes

-set off more tnt under their feet

- go from there

Grian had to admit: He was not the best at making plans, usually he just winged it (pun intended) and went about his day. His wings shifted from their usual fluffy exterior to the copper knives their known for as he thought. today is going to be fun. Grian thought to himself, a manic chuckle escaping his lips.

oh, I will enjoy this.

====================================

hellooooooo! Serpent here! I just want to thank you for reading the prologue! Unhinged Grian is the best. Also, fair warning on the pacing, I get overly excited when I'm writing things like this and end up jumping straight to angst with no fluff or filler. Tbh fight scenes are my specialty so be prepared!

Signing off, Your overly-giddy author with a better au! (also, if you haven't already guessed, I am not one for drawing detailed backgrounds and the wings were a pain.)