Chapter 19: Protected

Bold!

Seokjin was bold—-or maybe desperate. He came to Kim's Entertainment to solely meet Kang Yu-jun in his office...

... And to throw the subpoena documents from the court onto his face. "I will never give her to you!" He blurted out.

Kang Yu-jun startled. He stood up. "Come on, Seokjinie, we could talk about it. Don't make it difficult! You know I can raise her better than you! The girl will have a mother, a nice big house, and resources and loads of money for all her education and needs, better than you could ever provide!"

"Not all can be bought with money! A filthy man like you doesn't deserve to be a father!"

"Seokjin, listen, I don't want to do it too, but I have to. I don't have any other children. My wife is barren. Your sister's daughter is the only heir I have. I have to get her for the sake of my fucking demanding parents!"

"That's your problem!" Seokjin opened the door and walked out angrily.

"YOU STILL HAVE TO OBEY THE COURT ORDER, SEOKJIN! THAT GIRL HAD TO RUN A DNA TEST! I WILL PROVE THAT SHE'S MINE AND I WILL CLAIM HER LEGALLY AND TAKE HER AWAY FROM YOU!!" Kang Yu-jun trotted and yelled behind him. His shout gained several audiences of his co-workers.

From his office, Taehyung and Hoseok peeked their heads out in surprise as they heard the noise and Seokjin's name.

Seokjin stopped in his place and turned around to face Yu-jun. "YOU RAPED MY SISTER! YOU DON'T DESERVE HER DAUGHTER!"

And to that, Kang Yu-jun trotted furiously and swung his fist onto Jin's face without mercy, making him tumble down and fall. "You have no proof!" He snarled.

Taehyung was shocked.......

.... He unconsciously threw the tea mug in his hand, slammed his office door open, ran to Kang Yu-jun who almost hit Jin with a second blow... He pulled Yu-jun harshly, pushed him until he fell backward and laid on the floor.... Taehyung pinned him down and grabbed his collar. "Touch him once again, I dare you!! And I'll make sure you will regret it for the rest of your life!! You know what I'm capable of!!" He growled in a dark menacing voice. His face was red and all his veins in his neck were bulged out of anger.

Kang Yu-jun gulped, but he had no fear. He—-too—-had quite a big power and money, though not as powerful as Taehyung's family.

Hoseok helped Jin to stand up, then shielded him. "Back to work, everybody!" He yelled loudly at the curious spectators who quickly scattered back into their cubicles.

Taehyung pushed Yu-jun roughly, then got up. He pulled Jin's hand and dragged him into the elevator. As the door closed, he turned around to check Seokjin's bruises on his left face. Taehyung clenched his jaw. His heart hurt. He pulled Jin into his embrace and kissed his head. "You are safe with me..." It seemed that my life always crossed paths with you somehow....

Seokjin didn't resist and snuggled his trembled body into Taehyung's protection. His heart surrendered to his safe haven.

So, this was how it felt to be protected by someone who was very powerful?

Taehyung hugged him tighter. The previous news he heard about Jin's older sister and Yumi's origin had shaken him. He couldn't even imagine the kind of life Seokjin had to go through and how hard it was. "I'll take you to the hospital." He whispered softly. "We need to do forensic medical exams for your bruises first." They might need this for evidence later. "I'll take you home afterward."

As the elevator door opened, they broke their hug. "I'll drive my own car." Jin said.

Taehyung looked at him. "Give me the key. I'll ask Hoseok Hyung to take care of it later. There's no way I'll let you drive like this."

... Seokjin gave him the car key without a fight.

~~~~~

Writer's Note:
Hi Guys, kindly tell me how do you find the story so far? I would  like to hear a word or two from you. 💜
Thank you. Stay happy & healthy. 😊🤗💜