Chapter II

Louis

"Lou can you come help me with this suitcase ?" Johanna's voice calls from the inside. With the sleeve of his long sleeve shirt the feathery haired young man wipes the sweat off of his forehead, sighing. "Sure mum give me a second!" He shouts back, considering that he is outside in front of the house lifting his sister's suitcase into the trunk trying to put it in a gap between two other cases. Louis has been putting their baggage for their holidays in Denmark in his mother's car now for a bit over an hour and slowly but sure his arms are growing tired and droplets of sweat collects themselves on his forehead, some of them even roll down his temples where they soak his soft hair.

After his sister's suitcase is safely packed into the car he stretches his back trying to pop a few joints before walking back inside leaving the car outside in front of the dark red painted wooden door. On his way to his mum, who seems to be in the living room, Louis passes his sisters Lottie and Fizzy sitting on the vintage sofa Jay put in the hallway years ago when Louis was only four years old.
"Girls would you mind moving your talk to the door step or porch and watch the car for a bit. I'll have to go and help mum before I can continue packing and I don't want to leave the car unsupervised..." he explains to his younger sisters.
"Well why don't you just lock it?" Fizzy sass, Louis taught her well. "Yeah Lou why don't ya?" Lottie adds, backing up her sister.

The two of them have a special bond. Johanna has always put extra effort to the sibling's relationship, raising them to be kind and respectful to each other, what causes all of the siblings never minding the age difference to have good relationships with each other, yet somehow Lottie and Fiz seem to be extra close, just like Louis and Ernest are, though the reason for Jay's two only sons to have this bond is probably the one right there. They are the only sons Jay got. The female part in the family is definitely bigger and they are most definitely more in charge than the male part.

"Urgh girls, just go outside and watch the car for a few minutes alright?" The oldest sibling groans but fortunately the two girls get up their phones in their hands and walk towards the door where they sit down and start gushing again.

With a little smile on his face Louis walks into the living room looking for his mother, yet he can't seem to find her. "Mum?" He calls and hears shuffling. "Upstairs boo bear!" She shouts and Louis groans at the nickname but hurried up the stairs. "In my room darling!" As he walks into his mother's room he is immediately hit by her scent calming his nerves. See, Louis isn't normally one with nerves or one to get stressed about stuff easily, though for some odd reason he always gets the nerves when he is loading the car for their summer holiday. "Hey mum!" Louis smiles as he enters his mother's room.
"Lou! Hi yeah so you know the ride to Denmark takes good 18 hours so we're gonna start in the early morning hours tomorrow making it like half past 3? Like if we start then we might be there at eight pm which wouldn't be too late for the babies..." she explains and her son nods along as she continues talking. "So and with this whole packing stuff and so on and the babies I don't think I'm in the right shape to take the first part if the ride, so I wanted to ask you if you'd possibly take the first part of the ride." She admits turning kinda shy. Of course the great Johanna Deakin doesn't just turn shy, so she covers it up though the scratching of her neck betrays her. Louis and his mother are very similar, from their appearance as well as from their personality which makes it so easy for the young man to read his mother's signs.

"Mum calm down, of course I'll take the first part, nothing to worry about!" He smiles and she returns that smile, before pulling him in and pressing a kiss on his cheek. "Thanks honey" she whispers before pressing him even tighter against her chest. "Mum if you want me to drive tonight you got to let me go, other wise you'll suffocate me and I won't be there to drive you guys.." he chuckles in which Jay soon joins in, pulling back from the hug. "Now young man, mind carrying my case downstairs?" She asks batting her eyelashes at her firstborn who groans playfully.
"I knew there was something else!" Yet he bends down and grabs the suitcase lifting it up and makes his way to the door.
"Here let me hold it for you!" His mum hurries and waits for him to pass before she follows behind him. "Oh wow look how generous you are today mother!" He jokes and earns a playful slap on his bum for it. "Oh don't you dare call me mother, what am I fifty?!" Johanna shrieks causing Daisy and Phoebe who are sitting in the living room just chatting to burst into laughter.