Chapter IV

Louis

"Are we there soon?" Phoebe asks from the backseat. Louis sighs and gently rubs his temple with his left hand, as he keeps his right hand on the steering wheel. His mother drove as they drove through France and the Netherlands but as the boarder to Germany they changed back so Louis is now driving once again. Originally he planned to sleep while Johanna drove but his lovely siblings decided to have a full blown Harry Styles super trouper jam session (note to sarcasm) so his well earned sleep came out as a twenty minutes Power Nap. They are now currently around thirty minutes away from Nr. Vorupør the location of their summer holidays. "Pheebs, please just half an hour then we are there alright?" He sighs slightly annoyed still rubbing his temple trying to soothe the growing pain in his head. His mother turns her head towards her son, smiling sadly at him and putting her hand on his neck, rubbing the hardened muscles there. "Oki, sorry Lou" she replies more quietly after his rather hard reply. Louis sighs but smiles exhausted. "Don't worry hun!" She hums and goes back to watching the landscape passing by.

"Louis?" Lottie asks, chewing her gum while putting her hair up in a braid. Her older brother just hums while checking the traffic before making a right hand turn. "Can we put some music on?" She asks kinda shyly being a bit intimidated by her brother's mood. Louis just grunts and presses the power button of the car's radio. Not quite getting what she wanted Lottie groans, yet she doesn't get a single reaction yet of her older sibling. They continue driving for a bit over 25 minutes, the pressure in Louis' head growing with every minute. As they reach the final round about which leads into the village all of his siblings erupt into cheers not really helping. Louis winces trying to hide the pain he is in but of course his mother picks up on it.

"Lou babe you alright? You look a bit pale." Jay states and her son sighs. "A bit of a headache coming up but that's all!" He admit, lying through his teeth. In reality the pain is killing him but he doesn't want Johanna to worry even more. Soon they pull up at the supermarket where they get the keys and Felicite volunteers to go inside getting the key. In the car they wait for her to return and Louis has placed his head in his hands, trying to rest for a few seconds before driving the last few bits to their house. Not too long after Fizzy returns key in her hand running towards them.

As she is back in the car, Louis starts the engine and starts driving the last mile and then finally pulling up in front of their house. They all get out of the car and Fizzy hurries to the front door unlocking it and then all his sister walk inside. "Lou?" Confused he turns around and sees his baby brother standing slightly behind him, his stuffie in his right hand, the toy almost touching the ground like this. "Hey Ernie, what's up?" He asks showing his mum to go inside as well before crouching down next to his brother. "You dying?" Ernest asks pouting at his brother. "Wha'? No! Why would you think that?" Louis replies perplex, pulling his brother closer cuddling him into his chest, rubbing his back gently. "'Cause you hurt!" He mumbles but Louis just chuckles. "No bud, it's nothing I promise it was just really exhausting, so why don't we go inside and check out the rooms so we can see in which one you and Doris are staying Huh?" Louis smiles and tickles his brother's tummy, causing him to burst into giggles. Louis gets back up and grabs Ernest' hand and together they walk inside.

On the inside of the house the rest of the family is already arguing about who gets which room, since a few have to share. "Girls! Calm down, Louis will get to choose first since he is the oldest and is something like our special guest, after that the six of you have to work out on your own who shares with whom. In one room are four beds and the last two will share with me!" Johanna explains and Daisy huffs while Lottie's jaw goes slack. "Wha?" Jay sighs but smiles lightly turning to her oldest daughter, already knowing what is going to come now. "That is just not fair! Just because he is older and went on a holiday he originally didn't even want to go but now he had to go because Dan couldn't come?! What is this?!" At the end she is almost yelling, what causes her next young er sister, Felicite, to put a hand on her shoulder. "Lots Mum is kind of right, you know? Like when you moved out at some point and decide to join us on holidays you will get to choose your room first..." she admits and Lottie groans but nods.