three

The next day, Mayra woke up to the sight she has never imagined before. She was snuggled up in Fawad's embrace. With her head rested against his broad chest and his arms wrapped around her securely. He smelled so good. But what even, why was she here?

Memories of the last night flashed back in her mind. Screw her fear of thunderstorms. She could only hope that he wouldn't make fun of her later on. But Mayra had to agree, she has gotten herself a very charming and handsome hunk as her husband, divorcing him or not was another thing.

Damn, his jawline and perfect nose. He was so achingly handsome, Mayra had to accept that. She was so intensely staring at him that it was impossible for Fawad to pretend to be asleep anymore.

He was a light sleeper and he was awake the moment she stirred in her sleep. And he enjoyed her strong gaze upon him, he liked the way she was so openly gawking at him. But now he couldn't anymore. He felt this strong urge to grab her face and kiss her already. Damn, her hazel brown eyes were the first thing which he saw when he opened his eyes.

He forgot to breathe for a while.

How did he get so lucky?

His wife was one living deity.

"Good morning, biwi. Done checking me out?" his voice was husky and teasing.

Mayra felt herself turning red in shyness for no valid reason. Being caught red-handed, she didn't have any escape now.

"Umm. I'm sorry for causing you trouble last night." Mayra muttered nervously as she tried to get away from his grip.

"No, you shouldn't be sorry. I'm your husband after all. You have all rights to come to me when you're in any trouble. I'm happy that you came to me yesterday." Fawad tucked her hair strands as he held her firmly. Breathing in her scent.

"Thank you, I really appreciate it. But leave me." she wriggled in his arms, who wasn't leaving her at all. How could he just let her go? He wanted to enjoy being this close to her for a longer time.

"Okay, enough now, leave me." She hissed at him who smirked at her mischievously.

"Tell me one thing honestly, why do you want to get divorced anyway?" he asked her, whilst holding her tightly. She stopped protesting at once and stared back at him.

"Because you were forced on me and moreover, you're so arrogant and cocky. I don't like you," she replied dumbly making him stare at her with a look of disbelief.

"Bas, itti si baat k liye divorce chahiye thumhe?" Fawad asked her whilst she gave him a whatever look.

"I'm not divorcing you so stop dreaming and accept me, this is what our fate is, and coming to not liking me, about that I'll take care of it," Fawad replied with a smirk to which she shot him a furious glare.

"I don't like the people you hang out with. That Ahad, he's a psychopath. He sent me follow requests in all of my social media and asked me to love him back for almost the whole semester last year." Mayra said, listening to which Fawad was beyond furious.

"He did what? Thank you for telling me, I'll handle him. So, you want to divorce me because I have psychopath friends? Hmm." he asked to which she nodded her head.

"Good try. But I'm not divorcing you. Like ever." Fawad replied as he smiled faintly at her.

"I don't know how to cook." Mayra was so desperate which made him laugh if anything.

"I'll cook for the both of us, don't worry. Speaking of which, why did you not eat anything yesterday?" his voice was now filled with concern and worry.

"I was not hungry, so you're really sure that you'll cook?" damn, she never knew that this guy would be so determined to keep her in his life.

"I'm very sure, biwi. You can ask me whatever you want and I'll cook it for you." Fawad replied so sincerely that made her heart skip a beat.

Is he the same arrogant and cocky Fawad Hussein? No, she has no idea. But damn, she's melting.

"I'm a messy person and I cannot keep your house clean like a good wife," Mayra said with a sheepish smile.

She expected Fawad to be at least annoyed by this piece of information but no, that guy was smiling widely at her.

"You should have said this before only. I don't like cleaning either. We both can mess things together; don't worry I'll help you to clean them later on. But how fun it'd be when we both make a mess of our home, together." Fawad was so excited that she wondered if he was sane or not.

"Fawad," she whined at him. He chuckled at her helplessness and left her free from his embrace. She sighed and sat up. Both of them missed the warmth of each other almost immediately.

"Mayra, you're stuck with me forever. Better remember that and accept me. I've given you enough space for a month. Now it's enough. I'd like you to shift to this room. You're my biwi after all. I promise not to do anything funny." the way he pronounces her name every time, it feels so good to hear.

"You're not going to leave me. Huh." Mayra asked with a sigh.

"Not in this lifetime. You're mine for eternity now." Fawad replied with a wink making her feel fireworks inside her heart.

Why was he doing crazy things to her? Why?

"Wait for a second, I've got something for you." Fawad got up from his bed and walked to open his wardrobe and just like he said his wardrobe was really messy.

The moment he opened it; a pile of clothes fell on the floor. Giving her a sheepish smile, Fawad opened his locker and took out a small box.

Mayra raised her eyebrows at him, who grinned widely and joined her on his bed, again.

"This is your wedding gift, Mayra. I've kept it with myself for some reasons and decided not to give it to you until you're ready. And now is the time you accept the reality." Fawad said as he opened the violet box and her eyes widened seeing the shining bright ring inside it.

"You'll wear this ring, only when you're ready to be my wife. When you truly accept me in your life as your partner. You can keep it safe until then." Fawad shrugged as he placed the box on her palm.

"Why are you so adamant about keeping me in your life anyway?" Mayra asked him curiously to which he smiled.

"Because I love you," he replied without any hesitation as he gazed into her hazel brown eyes which froze in shock.

"You what?" Mayra was shocked would be an understatement.

"That's the story for some other time, now you tell me, why are you so adamant about getting divorced? Do you love someone?" Fawad asked her a little worryingly.

"Astagfirullah. No. I don't. What do you think about me? My family would kill me." Mayra snapped at him furiously.

"Good. But now, go and get ready. We're late already." Fawad smiled in relief and got up from bed.

Mayra watched him walk back to the closet and choose a pair of pant and a shirt from his messy wardrobe.

She still couldn't believe that he loves her. That was crazy.

But now the real doubt was, did she really want a divorce?

Mayra was confused.