Chapter Two : Intersection

Standing at your intersection
Misinterpreting direction

✄┈┈┈┈┈

Craig only emerges from the basement for one reason: Commerical breaks. He can't stand the constant rerun of cereal adverts and car sales; they serve no purpose to him. Craig doesn't typically eat breakfast and has a fully operational car at home. He takes this time to get something to drink instead of being entirely avoidant of his peers. He noticed the apple cider and autumn-themed cookies on his way down, set neatly at the counter. 

The fresh odour of maple and cinnamon overwhelms his senses as he gently pushes open the door. Chatter and laughter collide with each other. Stan and Wendy rest by the fireplace; Kenny, Clyde, and Bebe, play Truth or Dare; Tolkien and Kyle debate economic issues in modern-day South Park; Marjorine helps Tweek hang up dim lights; Cartman and Jimmy battle over the best comedians; all while the goth kids (and of course, who could forget Schroeder) perform a rendition of Joy Divison with a Halloween twist.

 Craig ambles towards the counter, taking a mug and plate from beside the coffee machine. His hand hovers over the impressive array of cookies before deciding on a sycamore-shaped snickerdoodle. Then, he takes a handful of pretzels. 

"Hey, Craigster! I didn't see you there!" Clyde's voice is unmistakable. His voice was nasally like Craig's when they were kids but higher-pitched. However, ever since he started testosterone, his voice has mellowed out. It's rough, cracking like his voice once did when he was thirteen. Though, he knows Clyde's proud of how hormones changed him in hardly over seven months. "Come play Truth or Dare with us!" 

Craig despises the premise of Truth or Dare. Either doing something ludicrous and dangerous or admitting private information is beyond something he can comprehend. Why would anyone put themselves in a compromising position? He would never be able to wrap his head around it. However, his mouth betrays his mind, and he shrugs.

"Uh, Yeah." Craig exhales out his nose, slowly lumbering over to the table. He wedges a chair between Clyde and the guy who got him into this mess and sets his head on the blonde's shoulder.

"I didn't think I'd see you tonight," Bebe crosses her legs, propping Clyde's head on her shoulder. 

"Clyde, truth or dare?" Craig gets into the action head first. He wants this game to be over. As soon as he makes the game no longer fun, he can make his escape. 

"Truth!" Clyde exclaims with a grin of sheer confidence, trying to make himself comfortable on the unsteady stool. 

"When was the last time you took your binder off?" Suddenly, silence wraps around the table, and Clyde feels his friend's scowls burning through him.

"Dare!" He crosses his arms over his chest, and just as Craig is about to continue, Kenny interrupts, "Fine, Go take off your binder." Their scowls narrow, and Clyde knits his brows together in firm stubbornness. 

"Yeah, yeah, I get it," He mutters, rising to his feet. Bebe follows in his footsteps, "I'll make sure he does it," She rubs the back of his head, and gives exhausted eyes to Craig and Kenny. 

Now it leads the remaining teenagers with a problem: they have to find two new people to resume the game. Kenny's eyes do a scan over the groups then his arm shoots up, 

"Tweek, Marj! Come play truth or dare!" 

✄┈┈┈┈┈

Bebe and Clyde are trans and are in a T4T relationship. Cry about it - I'm well aware this chapter is sloppy, but I promise it furthers the plot. I'm not coping very well at the moment, so updates may come every two-three weeks. Please continue to be patient, and thank you to those who have commented <3 I enjoy engaging with you guys!