Chapter Three : Hippies

Yeah, my shell
isn't as hard as it seems

✄┈┈┈┈┈

To clarify, Kenny wasn't remotely close to shouting, but it was still enough to startle Tweek. The autumn-themed lights falter in his hand, just barely saved by Marjorine. She looks at Craig, then at her friend. They exchange whispers, sharing strained looks that Craig can only interpret as a desperate plead for solidarity.

"Sorry, fellas! Tweek and I are puttin' up these lights. Maybe later!" Marjorine smiles, rubbing the nape of her neck. A breath of relief leaves Tweek's lips, smiling lopsidedly. "I can't. I have to take care of the shop," He purses his lips in a thin line, darting his eyes to Craig, then between the two blondes. With the gentle glimmer in Kenny's eyes, and the way he leans forward to engage in the conversation, Craig knows what Kenny's thinking. He doesn't like it.

"No sweat. Craig and I will give you a hand! Won't we?" His tongue touches the top of his mouth, showing through the gap in his teeth. His freckles fold into one another as he smiles, and Craig knows he's not getting out of this. Kenny is just as determined as Craig is hesitant. However, it appears Craig isn't the only one that hates this situation because Tweek is giving Marjorine the same sharp glare of disapproval.

"Awe, jeez! That's real' nice of ya' fellas!" She mimics Kenny's lopsided grin, leaning forward like their bodies are drawing each other closer. It's painful how in love they are and how they refuse to confess to each other. "Course. Besides, I can reach where you can't," He stands, displaying his full height, stretching up to make himself seem a little taller.

Though neither would admit it, Tweek and Craig planned on exchanging a few polite words, then spend the rest of the night actively avoiding each other. Craig broke Tweek's heart slowly over time. He distanced himself until Tweek broke out in a fit of tears. Tweek swears he forgives him. Even so, Craig would always carry that regret for pushing away someone who mattered so dearly to him.

"Marjorine and I will take the upstairs, and you two can tackle the basement," Kenny only wants to do the main section of the shop because it's half-finished. He also wants time with Marjorine to flirt and brush up against one another. She gives Tweek a begging look, causing Tweek to close his eyes shut as if biting a lemon. Craig can make out the barest mumble of:

"At least get his number this time,"