Chapter 6 - Even magic can't cure laziness...

So.

It's been a week since we "did business" with Henry.

...we did absolutely nothing throughout that week.

Alright, let me break it down for you. After our little "meeting" with Henry, as he calls it, we went back to our "hotel" (might as well call it our house at this point) and did our own "meeting" with Miya. We agreed that while we wait for Henry, we'll try to be as efficient as possible. Our top priority would be to find good deals to convert our gold to silver, and then we would go job hunting — we were getting desperate, you know? We also agreed that even though these two will be our top priorities, we'll also try to use our free time efficiently, too. This was my request if you couldn't tell — and she was NOT happy with it. I did manage to persuade her in the end, but we argued in our room for —what felt like— hours!

...funny isn't it? We agreed on all that, and we did nothing.

Almost nothing.

It turns out Miya had 90 gold and we gave 20 to Henry — we had 70 left already! We talked to a few merchants, though we didn't necessarily accept any offers for the time being. Let me list the offers we got though, to ease your curiosity a little. 

The first offer was from a "travelling merchant", as he calls himself. He offered to exchange 5 silver per gold.

The second offer was from a local merchant, who was running a shop selling fruits and vegetables. He offered 3 silver per gold and told us to be grateful to get that much since we're "stupid, foolish humans". My guy thinks he's an anime character or something.

The third offer came from a blacksmith nearby. He was a nice person overall, so he was naturally pretty generous — though being a blacksmith means ores are valuable to you so that might also be the reason why he offered 20 SILVER PER GOLD. He said, "We came at the perfect time because a few days ago someone ordered a sword made out of pure gold and he was wondering where to find the gold." We said we'll consider it, though we still want to talk to other Elves before we jumped to a conclusion and surprisingly, he didn't start shouting at us. Other Elves should seriously learn from him, but oh well.

The fourth offer came from a store where they sell ores — probably to blacksmith. He was acting real cocky, probably because we are human. At first, he was trying to hide it, but later on, he let it go altogether. He offered 8 silver per gold, and claimed "he was being generous and we should be grateful". What a pain in the ass. 

The fifth —and final— came from a girl who runs a shop that makes custom clothes. She kept saying they aren't a tailor though. She says she inherited the shop from her parents, blah blah blah. I listened to her story out of curiosity but I won't bore you with the details. She offered to exchange silk with our gold. I think she was planning to sell the gold for a higher price. Though we declined her offer even though she insisted that their silk is high quality. We all agreed their silk was high quality — we just weren't trying to buy silk. After a while, we managed to convince her. She offered 14 silver per gold.

After we talked to all 5 Elves, it was sunset already, so we just went back to our hotel.

2 days after we asked around, I found a library a few streets away from our "hotel". I started visiting there regularly, while Miya trained every day in the big garden the hotel had. Didn't last very long though.

Other than me going to the library to go get another book to read, we just did nothing the rest of the week.

Today, we finally went back to the blacksmith to exchange our gold, because you know, we were running out of food. We were forced to go out at that point. We got 1400 silver from the blacksmith by selling our gold, which was a pretty hefty price, apparently, but we spent around 70 silver shortly afterwards anyway. Food, water, you know? You don't have food delivered to your house in a fantasy world... I mean you could probably do it but you'd have to be one of those super-rich "lords" or whatever they're called. Oh wait, were they called nobles? I don't remember...

But yes, after waiting (aka lazing around) for a week, Henry suddenly appeared at our doorstep one day. To be honest, though, the fact that he was able to find us was quite scary...