six.

𝘀𝗶𝘅.
,phone calls and sunglasses'

"Oh, Dorothy called earlier. Said something about a meeting tomorrow with you, the colonel and Elvis."

It was now the next day, and for the first time in a while, Nancy got some good sleep. She'd never been the type that's able to sleep like a baby, and often times she would drink herself to sleep, but she had been trying to get better before it got out of hand and out of her control.

She never wanted it to become an issue.

That morning, went as usual, she got up, got ready, and headed outside. Today, she asked Elliot to pick her up and drop her off at work. Now, Elliot would never be Nancy's first option— like, never. Like not even fifth option, to be honest he's probably not even on the list. But a part of her felt bad for the tall man, as she had pretty much just tore out his heart (if he had one) and stomped on it. So she took this time to apologise—

And she could hold off on seeing Elvis.

Two birds, one stone.

When the familiar car pulled up outside, she strutted towards it, shielding her face from the sun. Elliot got out of his car, and like always as if apart of his programming, he opened her car door.

He was good at pretending to be a gentleman, at least, Nancy thought.

She muttered a thanks, climbing into the front seat. He bowed his head, closing the door behind her, and getting into the drivers seat.

The car ride started off slow and awkward, the pair just facing the front onto the ongoing road. Well in Elliot's case, that's probably a good thing for road safety.

Nancy noticed he was about to start speaking, and to prevent him from telling one of his 15 minute long stories that could definitely be shortened to a healthy 2 minutes, she opened her mouth first.

"Look, Elliot, I'm sorry. Like really, I am," Nancy apologised genuinely, looking into the temples on each side of his face. "I don't know what came over me, I was just frustrated and everyone and everything was annoying me and I took it out on you. I'm sorry."

Elliot just had a little smile on his face, but he always did. It was to make him more approachable and friendly, he was taught that in publicity. So by now, it was like second nature. Nancy believes that's what she disliked about Elliot most, in general, was the fact he was so... Digestible? There was never any conflict, so it was never interesting. There was no obstacles to face that would make them stronger, because he just pretended that the obstacles didn't exist.

"It's alright, darling, I know how you get," He replied, placing one hand on the wheel and the other went to grab her hand and she let him. Nancy didn't like that statement, not coming from him anyways, 'I know how you get', seemed quite disrespectful but she let it slide to prevent another argument from happening.