fourteen.

𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻.
,meet the queens'

She was in love.

Nancy and Elvis finished up the scene smoothly. In fact, Nancy might've even said this was their best day on set yet. Elvis only insulted her one, and she wasn't even sure it was intentional. But even if it was, Nancy was too caught up in the fact it only happened once to even care.

When they finished, they even began walking off set together subconsciously. Nancy wasn't wanting to get her hopes up, but she secretly that believed that Elvis felt bad for what he said the other day and only now was seeing what a major asshole he had been all this time.

"My boy! Miss Dove!"

Nancy's attention got caught by The Colonel who was with Dorothy, both of them looking ecstatic. Dorothy was holding a newspaper in her hand.

"We have some news."

Even though they looked happy, Nancy could never be too sure at what the 'news' would ever be.

Dorothy rushed the two into seats whilst she and The Colonel stood in front of them.

"Okay, so," Dorothy started, looking over the newspaper one more time before continuing, "you two made it onto the headlines!"

"Oh!" Elvis reacted happily, and Nancy appreciated his optimism because she immediately assumed the worst.

The Colonel continued the story for Dorothy, "It is from when you two had that food fight—"

There it was.

The worst that Nancy assumed.

"Oh," Nancy groaned, immediately covering her face with her hands in embarrassment. All she could think of was her mother who had just shouted down the phone at her not even a month ago, reading the headline 'Actress Nancy Dove Feud With Southern Troublemaker Elvis Presley!?".

"But they loved it!" The Colonel continued, raising his hands in the air as if they had just won something.

"Oh?"

Elvis and Nancy were both confused, Nancy physically looked around with her eyes as if she was going to literally find the answer.

"How?" Elvis voiced both of their questions.

Dorothy over dramatically shrugged, "only god knows! Something about it making you two more authentic and relatable," Dorothy waved it off, she flung the newspaper at Nancy to catch so they could read over. Nancy immediately began reading in her head, Elvis started reading over her shoulder. Nancy felt his breath on her neck, making her slightly uncomfortable at the feeling and the fact that this was the closest they had been since he came here.

Nancy looked at the picture that was displayed on the newspaper, they must've captured one of the only moments that Elvis and Nancy locked eyes and genuinely smiled and laughed with one another.