four

【☆】

damen brushed past the bodies of drunk dancing teens, eyes moving from face to face in search of his girlfriend.

"yo! have you seen maddy?" damen asks a nearby partygoer who simply shrugged and shook his head.

he was a bit late to the new years party and maddy made sure to give him a earful on the phone but now that he was here she was nowhere to be found.

damen shoved his phone in his pocket once he was met with maddy's voicemail box, once again.

cassie made her way out of the bathroom and spotted damen almost immediately. a warm smile came onto her face as she drunkenly approached.

"hey, maddy is like, really mad at you." she giggles almost tripping on her own two feet before quickly catching herself.

"woah woah. you alright? you need to sit down or somethin'?" he asks holding onto her forearms to steady her.

damen looked up momentarily from her bubbly frame and could see the amount of guys looking in her direction making him feel uneasy.

"you're really tall." cassie mutters. her laugh being interrupted by a groan feeling an incoming headache.

"hey, come with me for a sec, okay?"

cassie willingly allowed damen to lead her into one of the dimly lit hallways in search of an unoccupied room.

with the amount of hungry looks cassie was receiving and the fact she was more than tipsy, he knew she probably needed to lay down for awhile.

"you good?" he asks watching her clumsily fall back on the bed.

"i think i drank a little too much." she laughs lifting her hand to take another sip of her beer only to whine once damen took the bottle from her hand.

"nah. you had more than enough tonight."

cassie sat up and scoffed, "what? you think your my dad or something?"

damen was taken back once cassie's face contorted and she started to cry. "woah i ain't mean to make you cry or nothin'-" he held up both of his hands in surrender.

"my dad left me!" she interrupted, her mascara falling down her face as she continued to cry hysterically.

damen cringed at how loudly she was crying and he knew if anyone heard they would instantly assume the worst.

white women tears were a very powerful thing.

"can you please stop cryin'?" he asks moving closer to try and console her only to be taken back at the fact cassie jumped up to wrap her arms around him and before he could stop it her lips were on his.

"woah woah woah." damen quickly pushed cassie back onto the bed and backed away,
"hell nah! cassie. what the fuck?"

"i-i'm sorry i don't know what came over me i just." her eyes widened, "y-you can't tell maddy. oh my god, please it was a mistake i'm sorry just please don't tell maddy."