Chapter 1

Bella

Three days ago

A trip with the girls sounds amazing. All I need to do is get away from here. I'm still human because that's what Edward thought was best for me. I'm also alone because Edward thought it would be best.

"Are you alright? I know Jess wants you to come, but you really don't have too," Angela tells me.

"I'm fine and I'm coming. Not just because Jess wants me too, but because I need it. I'm getting caught up in the past again. Now are you sure Jess doesn't want the guys to come?"

"Her future mother-in-law is paying for our trip. She doesn't want any guys on the trip," Angela says.

"That and it's Angela's twenty-first birthday. She doesn't need any guys there trying to ruin the fun," Jess says coming into the room. "Now, are you guys ready to go? We need to head out."

Present day

I wake up to a satin pillow under my head. I don't know where I'm at and I sure as hell don't remember the room. I don't hear the girls so I know I can't be in our room. Maybe I'm in the same hotel as them. I hear a door open and look towards the door. A man with blue eyes opens the door and walks into the room. He's on the phone and has a couple of bags in his hands. I'm not sure if he notices that I'm awake.

"I've got something better to do than help you out. Bye," mystery man says.

"Damon?" I ask.

The name coming back to me as last night flashes through my head. Last night we went bar hopping because it was Angela's birthday. We met up with Damon at the second bar and he continued with us after that. I'm not sure how many bars we hit because the rest of the night is a blank.

"Bella. How did you sleep, beautiful?" He asks.

"Um, good. I've got to go," I say.

I get up out of bed and make my way around the room collecting my clothes. I can feel his eyes on me as I get dressed. I grab my bag and jacket before heading to the door.

"I love the chase babe. Also, you're forgetting this," he says, thrusting a bag into my hands. "Your friends are two floors down."

I make my way to the elevator and my phone rings as I get on it. I don't recognize the number so I don't answer it. Once I get back to the room I can hear only one person in there. I'm not sure who it is, but I'm hoping it's Angela. I open the door and hear her say that I'm back. She hangs up and puts her hands on her hips while staring me down.

"I don't want to talk about it right now. I need a shower and more sleep." I look at her.

"Fine, Jess has nail appointments for us at two. After that you and I are going to get lunch and talk. Get some sleep so you'll be functioning." She looks at me.

I take everything into the bathroom with me. I don't realize that I'm still carrying the bag Damon gave me. I open it up and find a box sitting in the bottom of the bag. I pull the box out and open it up. I hear a clatter but I'm not paying attention to where the sound came from. Inside the box is a beautiful princess cut diamond ring. A wedding set to be exact. I hear banging on the door and I tell Angela to come in.

"Are you okay? I heard things fall in here," she says.

I look at her and then back down at the ring in my hand. She comes closer and looks down as well. She looks back at me and I can tell she is shocked. Jess is the one getting married but it looks like I beat her to the punch.

"Did you marry the guy from last night?" She looks at me.

"I'm not sure. I can't really remember anything after the second bar. How many bars did we hit exactly?" I look at her.