three

"Wanna go eat some noodles at the store, tonight?"

Well, that was the last sentence that Shuji said to you as you both parted ways after having brunch (or leakfast according to Shuji).

But now it has already been night and Shuji was waiting for you outside the store. It is of course because he was nice enough to wait for you but the actual reason why he didn't step inside yet is that he doesn't dare to face the cashier after what he done last night.

And you also asked him to apologize, he wants to but God he's so scared so that's why he's waiting for you. Because if your beside him, probably the casier will be less angry.

"Does the convenience store have a bodyguard now?"

Shuji that had been staring at the floor while leaning on the glass frame of the store moved his golden eyes to the very person that was teasing him.

His face that remained bored all this time turn into an annoying grin and he laughed sarcastically.

You were startled a little hearing how deep his voice is now, the last time you saw and talked to him, his voice is way squeakier than yours. But guess puberty really hit him fast.

And his height even?

He is well-known to be the tallest kid in the neighbourhood but you never knew that he can reach a height of a basketballer as he grew up. Well, to this day Shuji never gets to know where he ever gets the tall genes from.

He grew up all his life with his grandfather.

No, it's not his blood-related grandfather.

The truth is...the one that has been taking care of him all this time was just an old man that somehow saved him.

And nothing else.

No matter how many years he spend time with his grandfather, they were still never blood-related. But their bond with each other? You adored it a lot. It's like blood relation doesn't even matter as long as there's love in a relationship.

You were envious. You wish to know what it feels like to have that affection.

"Why do you look like you're scared?" Shuji furrowed his eyebrows as he saw your startled expression.

You only let out a giggle and shook your head, telling him there's nothing to worry about.

"You sound like a giant."

Shuji can't help but feel offended by your remark, he knows that his voice is really deep and he thought that it was supposed to sound attractive to women but guess it's not. And saying that he sounds like a giant? Now, that's just an insult and it hurts his ego.

"Fee-fi-fo-

"Okay, enough! Let's go inside." Shuji walked away from you first as he pushed the entrance door harshly, he was pissed indeed.