Ch. 8 Octopus Pot

~~~~~ Octavinelle Dorms ~~~~~

An ominous dark aura has seeped into the waters surrounding the entirety of Octavinelle dorms. Students' screams and running in fear is all that can be heard apart from Azul's frantic and desperate words as he steals the powers from the classmates of his dorm and others that were unfortunate enough to be visiting Mostro Lounge. "You there —- give me your lightning magic! And you, give me your athletic ability! Give it all to me! All of it!"

"Aaah!" One Scarabia student fell to the ground in pain as Azul stole his powers.

"What's Azul sucking outta these people?! They're all collapsing after he's done with 'em!" Ruggie says anxiously while hiding from Azul's sight.

"Looks like his signature spell sucks EVERY power out of someone if it's not channeled through a contract." Leona says as he stares, watching the carnage unfold. Student after student collapsing to Azul's onslaught. "I'm betting the contract is like a filter that limits his magic's effects."

"What?!" Ruggie shudders in fear. "Kinda terrifying, don'tcha think?"

"Yeah. The backlash from using taboo magic like that is gonna exceed his blot tolerance in no time." Leona says.

"Azul!" Jade shouts, finally having made it back to the dorms, only to find his housewarden to be the cause of the panicked students. "What are you doing?"

"Whoa, yikes. What's goin' on here?" Floyd says out loud to himself.

Not far behind, your group comes skidding to a stop as it becomes apparent that this is what was causing the lead weight in your stomach.

"Dude, this does NOT look good!" Ace shouts

"Is Azul going out of control?!" Deuce asks nervously

"Looks like he's sucking different students' powers outta them by force." Jack observes.

"Eeep... Leona! You were bullyin' him, weren't you?!" Grim accuses

"Now you're blaming me? You're the ones who told me to turn the contracts into sand." Leona grumbles

You place a hand on Leona's shoulder and shake your head. "No, I'm not blaming you, Leona. I should have seen this coming." You say frustratedly. Having experienced two overblots before, you can see that this is heading that way fast. How you didn't anticipate this being a possible outcome makes you grind your teeth. With how closely guarded Azul kept those contracts and how carefully he planned his deals, it should have been obvious to you that it could very well be a trigger to an overblot incident. Both of the previous blots with Riddle and Leona had been clear emotional trauma attached that fueled the selfish actions they took. While it didn't absolve them of they're wrong doings, you couldn't help your heart breaking for them, knowing the pain and hurt that had to have been bottled up to fuel this level of magical rage. You watched carefully as Azul attempted to come closer to Jade and Floyd, who stayed on guard, knowing how strong Azul's unfiltered powers were.

"Jade! Floyd!" Azul cried in relief "Ahhh, you've finally come back to me. Would you believe that thanks to these FOOLS, I've lost all my contracts?" Azul's expression turns from saddened relief to desperate madness once again "Which is why I'm going to bed your powers now. Come on, give them to me!"

"Hold on. Your signature spell is so powerful, it's impossible to control without a contract scroll" Jade admonishes "You know better than anyone what will happen if you do this!"

"But I lost it all, you see?" Azul explains and the madness takes over and more and more inky black tears bleed from his eyes and the saliva leaking from his mouth, black as well. Each drop of black liquid drops to the floor, beginning to slowly gather together. "Everything! Aha ha... AHA HA HA! I'm going to revert back to my old self if I don't act now!"