Ch. 18 Plan in Action

~~~~ Scarabia Dorm ~ Lounge ~~~~

An ominous cast of red continues to bleed across the sky, groans of pain and shuffling feet echo throughout the halls and lounge. Jamil lays across the pillows, his regal clothing draping across his body as heavy black oozing blot continually seeps from his skin. The beads of blot shift and gather into a massive intimidating and shadowed form. "Bring on the food! Bring on the drinks!" Jamil orders his thralls. "Today we celebrate the disposal of the old, useless king, and the crowning of a far more deserving successor! Ahhh, I'm on top of the world. I've got all the magic I could ever want at my fingertips."

"I couldn't agree more, Master."

"You are the most fit to be king of Scarabia, Jamil."

"Long live Master Jamil!"

"Ha ha ha! Thaaat's it. Go on, keep singing my praises." Jamil smiles gleefully, laying his head back and closing his eyes, he just soaks in the praises.

"I never realized what a gallant figure you cut..." Azul says in a monotone voice from behind one of the pillars surrounding Jamil.

"Oho?" Jamil takes it all in smugly

"You oughta LIVE on a throne..." Grim praises from behind another pillar.

"And?" Jamil drawls out

"Your intelligence is beyond compare..." Jade states from off to the side, slowly creeping forward for the planned ambush.

"Go on." Jamil continues listening with his eyes clothed

"There's royalty , and then there's YOU..." Floyd praises with a mocking smirk

"You look so strong and powerful!" Kalim praises with a genuine smile, making you roll your eyes slightly and wonder if he really did learn anything from the talk in the desert. Floyd closes in at an equal stride to his brother from the other side while Azul and Kalim begin charging up powerful stunning spells.

You carefully position yourself in front of Jamil to draw his attention in your direction "I prostrate myself before you." You kneel and bow low to the ground to avoid the spells Kalim and Azul are preparing.

Jamil sits up grinning "Heh, you flatter me..." In the split second that he opens his eyes, his grin is gone. "Wait, it's YOU?! I sent you to the ends of this dimension! How did you get back so fast?"

Azul and Kalim throw their spells forward and for a second it looks like they will hit Jamil dead on before a flash of light and the spells hit a barrier and dissipate. Jamil's eyes dart around the room, clocking your group in their respective places then stopping with a scornful glare at Kalim.

"I filled a dry river with water and we swam back." Kalim states

Upon Jamil's deflection Floyd puts some space between them once more to attack from another angle. "Not that it was a cakewalk, I'll tell ya. I'm pretty worn out!"

"What?!" Jamil snaps his attention towards Floyd and Kalim. "Tch... Now I see. You used Kalim's signature spell. Hmph. So your little trick had a use after all. And here I'd written it off as a worthless spell only good for watering plants or filling a pool."

Azul flings an attack spell at him sending a jolt of electricity into Jamil's shoulder drawing an angry hiss from his overblotted classmate. "Heh. You clearly don't appreciate Kalim's power for what it is, then."

"Jamil... Now I see what you've thought of me all this time. There can be no question now. You're a coward and a traitor!" Kalim's impassioned statement carries across the room.

"Fool. That's what you get for trusting me blindly." Jamil ridicules

"Face me in combat. I'll win back the housewarden seat you've stolen from me." Kalim states with a determined expression.