CookIna

(Lol)

Ina: "Are you ready?" Wearing an apron with her mascot on it over her clothes, she asked Rei.

Rei: "Lol, no. I've never cooked in my life." He was also wearing an apron, one with a chibi skull.

A cooking stream. That's what Rei and Ina decided to do 2 days ago. Rei doesn't exactly know WHY he did it, but it was too late to back out now.

[Food Wars this shit.]

[To chat or to Rei and Ina?]

[Why not both]

[Ah. I see you are a man of culture.]

[SelenIsZeBae Donated 50$: I'd gladly have all my clothes ripped off and sensually moan infront of thousands of people if it meant I could eat something made by the Great One~]

[...]

[...]

"1. You have a problem. Go touch grass. 2. That's not possible." Crushing the already crushed dreams of the poor soul, Rei glanced at Ina. "So! What are we cooking today."

Somehow, Ina felt scared.

"We're making Takoyaki." She was able to push the fear down and gave Rei an answer. "Have you had Takoyaki?"

"No, I haven't had anything Japanese related ever since I've been here."

"Eh? I-I see.... What exactly have you been eating?"

"McDonald's."

[This poor soul. 😔☝]

[How does one survive on Mcdonalds... We may never know]

[God, I wish I was one of his burgers]

[Guy above me, TF?!]

[Guy above the guy above me, TF?!]

"....Ok." Ina decided not to question it and move on. "I already have the recipe and ingredients prepared, so let's get started!"

"Right." He had no idea what he was supposed to do.

(Ps. I'm following a recipe found online... I don't know how to cook btw. Forgive me if I use something stupid... Is an octopus leg the right thing?)

"First, we slice the octopus into bite size pieces." Saying that, Ina did exactly that. "While I do this, you can make the batter."

"Ok." The fuck is the batter for? Rei took a look at the recipe before freezing.

Combine the plain flour and cornflour in a bowl, then in a separate bowl whisk the egg. Add the egg to the dry mixture, then slowly pour in the dashi stock or water and whisk it all together. You're aiming for a thin, runny consistency here, so if it's too thick just add more water or dashi.

'Tf????' What is dashi? He looked around the table until he found a bottle labeled Dashi. With a shrug, he grabbed it along with the other things his needed.

Before pouring the flour into the bowl, he stopped. 'How much do I pour?' The recipe didn't say anything about it. 'Do I just go for it.' It would matter, right?

----

"Alright, next is to heat up a pan at medium heat, and brush it with oil. Rei, did you.... get the batter.... ready.... What is that?" Ina stared at the black liquid.

It bubbled occasionally, as the screams of the dead seemed to sound out.

[Is this the fabled.... Trashy Anime COOKING!]

[IMPOSSIBLE! IT WAS SAID TO BE LOST EONS AGOOOOOO!]

[In all honesty, I'm surprised that it somehow turned into that. He followed the recipe pretty well... Is he just a naturally bad cook?]

[CrustyFeet Donated 20$: Sooooo, how much for someone to drink that.] 

[NonstopNut Donated 100$: I'd do it, if my soul got reaped right after.]

"Is it really that bad," Rei asked the chat. To be honest, he thought it was fine, but chat seemed to be making a fuss about it.

[It just looks.... So deathly]

[He's a grim reaper? That kinda makes sense.]

[I mean, it doesn't look "Bad"... No, it looks horrifying, how did you create that?!]

"Y-You did follow the recipe, right?" Ina asked Rei who nodded. "Then... How?" She was confused.

"Idk."

"Let's just try again."

-----

After two more attempts, they realized that Rei just couldn't cook in general. If he tried, it would result in an amalgamation of madness. Even the most simplest dishes would end up as a black blob.

[This isn't funny anymore, just sad]

Rei sat in a corner of the kitchen, tracing circles on the floor with his finger. Ina had tried comforting him. but it didn't work. Now, the cooking stream was basically ruined.

[Petition to get Rei the best chef trainer? He shall then go on to become the very best. Like no one ever was.]

[FiestyBirb Donated 5$: It's okay, at least you tried... L]

"The world is cruel.... Burn...Burn.... Burn...." Rei suddenly started chanting, small black flames steadily growing around him. Luckily, the camera only showed the table where the main stuff was.

"Ah! Stop!" The stream suddenly ended.

[Nani!]

[I didn't even get a goodbye.... Brb, gonna go commit end]

[Bruhhhhhh]

[Before I leave, I have one thing I want to say..... Rei, plz step on me]

[person above me, BROOOOOOOOOOOOOO!]

[Same]

[This chat is so unhinged, smh]

[GuyWithABigMan Donated 500$: Next cooking stream when?]

(Cookina End)

....Bet you didn't expect to see me, did ya? Well me neither!

The reason I stopped was because of the lack of motivation I had. I was running low on creativity but luckily was able to get it back. Yippieeeeee!

To be honest, I have some ideas that I want to incorporate, but don't think I'll be able to. For one, I wanted to add Nijisanji. I recently started getting into them, and was another reason why this story wasn't updated. You could probably see two references.

After I finish with HoloMyth, I'll add Council. Then.... Idk. This is like a slice of life, with the occasional telling that they have magic, but just don't use it.

Other than that, there's nothing else to say. Thank you for reading it, and I'll see you next xhapter.... Yeah.

Buh-Bye, sorry for the wait... And short chapter.