Chapter 13

The kiss, passionate until just now, is interrupted, as well as the feeling of their bodies against each other. Not only the images they just saw inserted themselves forever in their memory. A few seconds and minutes of complete silence followed, just to process in some way what had just happened. Before any of the women could even form a word, a luminous green-colored cloud of smoke suddenly forms around the stepmother and child and swallows them. They have a hard time staying conscious or at least breathing reasonably well. Their lungs feel like freshly heated iron that has not yet been cooled by outside influences. Daisy presses herself into Catherine's arms as quickly as she can in the purple water and wraps her body as tightly as she can against her stepmother, afraid of what might happen in a moment. One thing is immediately clear to both of them: the fairy tales and legends about the lake are true. Tears silently form in Catherine's eyes as she buries her face in the girl's red hair and squeezes her arms and legs tightly around her, largely to protect her from her fate. Forgotten is the image of Cinderella and her love affair with her father. Never in her life neither today nor in the times of Kate and Marian. They are huddled together as if they were a couple for whom there is no future and who know that their end is near.

Minutes, hours or maybe days have passed. It is uncertain. Their bodies have not separated from each other. Two pieces of the puzzle, finally joined together. Their breathing is even as the heartbeats of the women. In perfect peace as if they were resting peacefully in each other's arms after a passionate night of love marked by love, respect and acceptance forever and not just for a brief moment. Daisy begins to move. First a small stretching movement of her toes and fingers. Then a slight turning of her head into her stepmother's red hair until finally she slowly opens her bright blue eyes. She quickly tries to protect herself from the bright rays of the sun that immediately come her way by positioning one of her arms in front of her face. But not only the environment has changed, but also something about the two women: on Catherine's back are large wine-red wings. Lady Tremaine also slowly awakens from her sleep-like state, cautious of the frantic movement of the girl next to her. "Cate wake up. Look!" Daisy suddenly asks brightly as she leans in and points at her stepmother's back. Daisy smiles slightly as she sees the slightly tired and dreamy look on her stepmother's face. Lady Tremaine's gaze does not linger long on the still naked form of herself and Daisy, but quickly turns to a closer look at her surroundings and then at the structure on her back. "Daisy are those wings on my back and where are we please? What happened?" she asks frantically as if her stepdaughter knows the answer to her question and strokes the feathers that form her wings in agitation. Daisy shakes her head slightly and looks at the red feathers as if infatuated by a magical curse like her stepmother. After a few minutes they catch themselves again and start looking at their surroundings from their position for the first time.
It is very warm here. Not too hot that one would have to sweat and not too cold that one would have to shiver. Both quickly straighten up and decide to take a closer look at the place they are in. Both dare not separate for fear of what might lurk in the shadows of this place. They don't know if they will ever return to their terrible home or how they will at least be able to dress in this place that resembles paradise. "What is this place?",Daisy asks quietly as she looks at the people to similar figures from afar. All female beings with an almost divine looking figure, either scantily clad or naked either walking or gliding through the air with bird like wings. Daisy and Catherine do not see a single male person. It is as if this place is truly ruled by women. "Well, who do we have here?" asks a deep female voice behind them that they have never heard before.