Part 49

~ 49 ~

You woke up on the morning of your wedding day to find the sunshine winking in at the window. The webcast memories of you sleeping with your ex months ago hit you as you're laying in bed. Then you think back to the day Taehyung proposed to you. The memories and your answer, 'yes'.

You mutter to yourself, enjoying the fresh air flowing from the balcony, "It's okay," you recall the memories of cheating on him and claim, "I've learned from my mistakes."

It's alright. You inhale

A knock on the door locks you out of your trance. You jolt. "Come in." You respond, sighing in relief.

The door opens and your eyes widen.

No way.

"Mina?!" You gasp and leap out of your bed. You couldn't believe it. It's almost been a year and you feel like you haven't seen this girl in decades. "Ahhh!!" You squeal as you roughly embrace her by the neck.

She was also giddy with excitement.

"Bitch, you're getting married today and you never told me?" She glared, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Sorry. There was just so much going on." You sigh recalling all the tremendous drama in your life lately, draining you inside from every inch.

"Whatever," she drags you to take a seat on the bed. "Guess who I just saw?" She bites her lower lip, giggling.

"Who?" You furrowed your brows.

"Jungkook."

Oh.

Like I haven't seen him for the millionth times. You roll your eyes.

"But he was standing next to this really hot guy. He was a bit shorter than him. He's wearing a suit, he looks so hot," she squealed. The cheerfulness made her eyes glimmer. "Can you get me his number?"

She's talking about Jimin isn't she? You laugh.

"Matter of fact, he's single." You nudge her shoulder and she gasps.

A door knock interrupts her before she even has a chance to speak. When you both turn to look in that direction, Taehyung is discreetly walking in. You smile, the longer you study him, the softer your eyes become.

"Hi, beautiful," he leans down to peck your lips. "My mom's gonna kill me if she sees me here. I'm not supposed to see you," he giggled. "But get ready, love. I can't wait to see you in that dress." He clasped his hands while grinning triumphantly at you.

"Taehyung!" His jubilant eyes shed all of their blood at the sound of his mother's shout, and his face turned fearful instead.

"Oh shit that's me. Bye!" He fled from the room in a hurry before his mom comes and catches him.

"Alright, let's get you ready." Mina pulled you off the bed and dragged you to the bathroom.

The shower has been running in the bathroom ever since Mina walked in, making the space hot and steamy. You quickly get out of your clothing and rush into the shower, eager to experience the purifying spray of steam. You raise your face into the friendly stream as it crashes over you.

The water is warm and soothing. You could stay under here forever but then again you can't take too long. Your mother and mother in law, practically, are waiting for you downstairs. You grab the body wash and wash yourself thoroughly. You then grab the shampoo and use the razor to shave the light hair that has grown on your legs.

"I wanted to give you the world, Y/N!" Your head is filled with Jungkook's shrill voice.

"Do you promise to stay by my side?" You're zoned out and his voice is softer now.