five || this old feeling

--------------------

CHAPTER FIVE
'this old feeling'

STRAIGHT UP
paula abdul
1:05 ───|────── 4:12
| II |

100 %

"LONG NIGHT?" Goose commented.

Razor had her aviators on, but she still managed to shoot a glare towards the RIO.

"Something like that." Razor sighed, Dice and Maverick walked ahead of them as they were walking into one of the classrooms. The pilot now regretting the events of last night as soon as she Iceman with his aviators on as well, furiously chewing on gum as usual.

The way that she was scared to face Iceman, afraid to commit to their friendship-relationship, or whatever it was. She told herself that it feels better to rip off the bandaid now before she gets too close, but it was her fear of commitment that kept her from talking to Iceman, afraid of rejection as if she wasn't thinking about maybe rejecting him if he got the wrong idea, but she felt it was too soon.

And a part of Razor felt that nothing could be wrong if it had to do with Tom Kazansky.

Sitting down in the row in front of Iceman and Slider, Razor took her seat next to Dice who was waiting patiently for their lecture to start. "We're in a dark classroom and you're still wearing your shades?"

The question from Maverick made Razor's head turn. "Yes, and?"

"Nothing...just wondering." He replied in the calm but condescending tone that made Razor roll her eyes.

Once again, Jester introduced Charlie, letting her take over the lecture. They turned on a screen to show a flight simulator on a radar, the aerospace engineer turned to look at what was happening on the screen. "Aircraft one performs a Split-S? That's really the last thing you should do,"

As she spoke she looked amongst the crowd of brilliant pilots, all of whom seemed to be bored of this environment, except for Maverick, who locked eyes with Charlie, he was already raising suspicion from Razor and Dice.

"The MiG's right on your tail, freeze there please." Charlie instructed, pausing the flight demo.

She pointed at the screen, getting up to walk in front of the pilots, still looking at Maverick, and then to Razor. Razor didn't know much about Charlie, other than that she was incredibly smart, and that she was hooking up with Maverick, no one had to tell her it was just the tension between the two.

"The MiG has you in his sights, what were you thinking at this point?" Charlie asked, dumbfounded, talking straight to Maverick.

At this point, Iceman was getting interested in where this would go, he leaned forward to the point that Razor could feel him staring at the back of her head, like he was hoping she'd turn around.

And Maverick didn't seem fazed, as if he was ready for another go-around with Charlie. "You don't have time to think up there, if you think you're dead."