I found a way to be alone

Ch.2

     I walked inside and saw food being set on table I sat down and heard the noise of 6 feet running down the stairs. My father soon sat down and we all ate in silence I could tell my father was too upset to say anything and I generally had very little to say in most situations so I just keep to myself. I looked about the table and saw the confusion in the little ones faces, I felt bad for them being only seven and not being able to comprehend what’s going on with anything and too young to understand why mum left and why she isn’t coming back. I looked over at my father who eye’s couldn’t even look at mine and I knew at some point I would be the one who would have to tell my three little sisters that mummy left and it’s only going to be the five of us from now on and I was not looking forward to it.

     After dinner I ran upstairs to my room and sat at my desk I couldn’t Shayley out of mind and that’s when I realized I had no way of getting in contact with him and I don’t even remember what his address was so I have no clue when I’ll see him again, a sudden noise of my door opening tore me apart from my thoughts and saw one of the triplets Joyce walk into my room. Her tiny frame climbed up my legs and settled in my lap she looked up with her big brown eyes.

     “Lorraine where is mama?” The little seven year old asked me. I sighed mentally as I thought of how I would word this so she would understand.

     “Well you see mama left on a train earlier today and she won’t be coming back for a while” I explained as Joyce shook her head in agreement.

     “So when is mama coming back?” I sighed again this time out loud.

     “I’m not sure little one not for a really long time that’s all I know” She just shook her head again and climbed out of my lap and headed into the hallway. I turned my attention back to the computer and logged onto Tumblr. My phone vibrated on the table I looked at my phone and saw the caller ID was my mother? I was too upset to speak to her so I just let it ring. My phone kept ringing constantly I got aggravated and shut my phone off throwing it across the room I looked outside to see it there was some sun left in the sky, desperately needing to calm down I throw on some converse sneakers and climb out my window landing on a bush. I brushed myself off and headed in any direction away from here.

     Hours later I ended up at the beach and the starry night time sky cascaded over my head. It was pitch black but I could care less my father in his right mind wouldn’t even come up to my room to check on me. I laid down on the sand just taking in the entire scenery the stars and how they shine in the sky and the sound of the waves crashing against the rocky shore it was all so calming and breathtaking until I heard a familiar voice.

     “So we meet again for the second time today Lorraine” I shot up and saw the familiar face of Shayley making me smile.

     “So what brings you here sweetie?” Shay asked laying down next to me. I sighed and took in a deep breath.

     “My mother is already trying to contact to me and it’s only been a few hours since she left” I said tears stinging my eyes. I felt Shayley shift in the sand and his arms wrapped around me embracing me in a hug. I reluctantly hugged back inching closer to Shay our body heat radiating off each other.

     “I’m sorry Lorraine” Shayley said pressing his lips to my forehead.

     “It’s whatever it was my mother’s choose to leave but if she thinks she can talk to me after walking out she’s insane” I said closing my eyes so I wouldn’t cry not in front of Shayley anyways. We stayed like that for hours until the nighttime breeze sent a shiver through my body.

     “Vous froid Mon amour?” (You cold my love?”) Shayley asked

     “Just a bit” I answered trying not to stutter. I felt a heavy fabric being draped over my body

     “You didn’t have to give me your jacket Shayley” I mumbled slipping my arms into the sleeves.

     “I didn’t want you to be cold” Shayley said closing the small gap between us. We stayed like that for a while until my eyelids got heavy the last thing I saw was Shayley before I let sleep overcome me.

     I woke up in a room that wasn’t mine until I remembered I passed out on the beach with Shay I got up out of bed still in my clothes from last night and Shay’s sweatshirt I slowly headed out into the living room and glanced at the clock that read eight thirty I was about to freak out until I realized that it was a Sunday and I didn’t have school till tomorrow. I was going to sit down on the couch until I saw Shayley sleeping on it so I just sat on the floor and stared at him not in a creepy way like how a guy looks at a girl when he loves her. I kept staring until I saw Shay’s eyes open oh god.

     “What are you doing Lorraine?” Shayley mumbled half asleep

     “Well I was not staring at you while you were sleeping” I said averting his gaze

     “You’re too cute Lorraine” Shayley said rubbing my head.

     “What time is it anyways?” Shayley asked getting up off the couch his back making an audible cracking noise.

     “Last time I checked it was eight thirty” I answered moving to the couch.

     “Good so how’d you sleep last night?” Shay asked me

     “Good thanks for letting me sleep here” I said playing with my thumbs

     “Well I couldn’t let you stay on the beach and I don’t know where you live, but it’s no problem anything for mon beau(My beautiful)” Shay said joining me on the couch

     “Yea but I would’ve been fine on the couch you didn’t have to sleep on the couch I mean it’s your house.”

      “Nonsense I’d do anything for you Lorraine” Shay said wrapping an arm around my shoulder, I leaned into him taking in his company and his morning scent I realized I still had his sweatshirt on.

      “I still have your sweatshirt would you like it back?” I asked leaning up to look at Shay.

     “No it’s alright keep it I have plenty more.”

     “Alright then” We stayed like that for a while in complete silence I should probably be heading home shortly even though I know my father wouldn’t even notice my absence he never notices I was gone for three days once and he never realized I left.

     “You’re awfully quiet Lorraine are you alright?” Shay asked worry evident in his voice.

     “Yea I’m just thinking I should be heading home soon is all” I said trying not to sound sad that I have to leave Shayley.

     “Oh yea your dad is probably worried about you” Shayley said shifting un easily in his spot.

     “No he never notices but I can’t stay here forever” Even though I wish I could I know I met him only yesterday but I have such a strong bond with him already but I know I’ll see him again somewhere. I stood up giving Shay a gentle hug and we bid our goodbyes and I headed home back to my house.