Chap 4: The Destination

The next morning they arrived on the land that they been searching for. They walking on the streets, Maya feeling uncomfortable how men staring at her. Federick notice how uncomfortable Maya is, he told her to keep close with him. Even Shawn and Jacob noticed the men being so respectful to Federick, Shawn and Jacob but not to Maya. Shawn and Jacob too keep close and observe around to protect Maya. Ms. Mereda pointing at the top.

"There, you see the dome. There's where the treasure hidden"

"Alright, let's just get hurry and done with this. I don't like how they making my Maya uncomfortable"

They secretly going into the dome and found the treasure they been looking for. Katelyn who are good with lock picking. Unlocked and grab the treasure. The sirens went loud.

"No! Ms. Mereda I promise that this place is an old place so the security system should not be functioning anymore!"

"That's alright Katelyn, that is why I bring Federick and his crew"

Katelyn look away with grasped her teeth as she's feeling more jealous because that Ms. Mereda trust Federick more than her. Two big man came in hurry to see the intruder.

"Don't worry Ms. Mereda, let me handle this"

Katelyn tighten her fist and run towards that two men. She jumped one of them shoulder and pulled him down. She immediately stood up, knocked down the other man so hard that the man couldn't stand no more. The previous man that's already in the ground threw sand on her face, she can't barely see. The man took his dagger out and try to stab on her head. She's quickly avoiding but still get injured by the dagger on her face. Her left eye is bleeding. She's in furious hitting back the man, took his dagger and stab him multiple times. The man who got knocked down, slowly trying to stand up and pushing her to save his other man from stabbing. She's got pushed to the wall while the two injured men ran with shouting "You are a crazy woman! We will show not to challenge men!"

"Then come back and finish this round you cowards!" Katelyn trying to follow them but get stopped by Ms. Mereda

"Let them go Katelyn. My poor girl already got injured in your eye"

She touched Katelyn's face then she hugged her. Katelyn put her hands behind her because don't want to get Ms. Mereda clothes dirty from the blood on her hands. When she get hugged, she tear in blood from her left eye. Shawn wanting to help but the fight scene was too fast that he afraid he might get in the way. While Federick understood why she's fighting alone.

"hurry we need to leave before they call more people"

They run in the shadow past the men that were running towards the dome. They hide in the house from going into the window.

"My apology my lady for broke in to your house, we will leave immediately"

"Wait, can we at least wipes Katie's face. She's can't just running while she bleeds"

"You right, sorry Katelyn. Maya do your thing"

Maya wipes the blood that has dripping down from her left eye. She put a bandaid near her left eye. Katelyn surprised as she can see from her both eyes. She thought she loses her left eye.

"It's alright, you do not lose your eye. Is just a scar near your eye. The blood running down makes your left eye stay shut" Maya explains while wrapping bandages on Katelyn's hands.

"There, by the way your face wasn't so bad. You're still pretty with those scars. Kind of make yourself look like a pirate"

"Thanks Maya" Katelyn smiled

"Again I am very sorry about this" Federick comes a bit closer to the lady of this house for a proper apology but she flinched.

"My apology" he steps back. "What have they done to you and why?" Federick asks with a serious expression

"Each woman will get an arranged marriage and they are the one who chooses. The one who is not married yet, women are not allowed to leave the houses. Me, as an unmarried woman. I went outside to buy groceries. As a punishment, I got beaten by them."

"I knew it something's not right here. This land, the system is like slavery. Women must obey whenever the men say or not they will get abused or worse. The time we got here, I noticed that women were always walking behind their spouses. I don't see any women walking independently"

"That explained why the men before keep staring at Maya as they want Maya to be one of their wife" Shawn started to notice too.

"I don't get it with their superiority" said Jacob

"Ms. Mereda we can't just leave them like this when the system is already messed up"

"Do what you want but Katelyn and I are leaving" they leaving the house.

"There is no other choice since you can't leave without our.. ship?"

An airship came, the door was opened. Ms. Mereda and Katelyn going into the airship.

"Oh come on! This is why we split up! Could you be any more empathy!" Federick shouting at Ms. Mereda from the airship.

"Exactly! And you should stop being hero all the time!" The airship leaving.

More men coming because of the airship has attracted them.

"Great. Thanks to her" Jacob annoyed

"Maya! You don't have to do this. You can just stay behind Shawn, he protect you"

"Thanks Federick but I'm actually going to fight along with you guys. I'm done with these kinds of men"

They all begin to fight those manly men. While the other women inspired by the courage of what Maya did. They too come along and fight together. Maya surprise looking at other women. The other women shouted that they will not get used nor abused by men, never again. Maya smiled and continue fighting. Federick saw two men trying to steal his ship.

"My ship!"

Federick rush to his ship and furiously kick the thieves out from his ship. Shawn, Maya and Jacob jump off into the ship. The women from the land cheering as the ship flew away.